NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Newbie looking for advice - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-20-2012, 01:47 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Angry Newbie looking for advice

Hello everyone! I've been reading the posts for the last week and this is my first post. I live on the Garfield/Elmwood Park border and am in need of some advice.

I'm now 33 and haven't been active in fishing since I was about 15.

I picked up a license almost a month ago and have since gone fishing only about 6-7 times and still have not caught a thing!!!

I don't have a boat. I've been to the Passaic River near the falls in Garfield and the bank in front of Elmwood Park high school. I've tried night crawlers and Senkos and still nothing. I'm swithing out my line tonight from 6lb to 14-16lb. I'm also going to invest in some spinnerbaits because I've read alot of folks on here havings some success with them.

I can only fish after 6pm during the week because of work and haven't gone in the morning. I've tried using a bobber and not using a bobber. Nothing has been working!!

Can someone please share some advice with me? I've been bringing my 7 year old son but he has been losing interest more and more since we both haven't caught a thing yet. I'll be stopping by Meltzers tonight to get them spinners.

Thanks!