NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Prestorm Prospertown Saturday AM - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 04-18-2011, 12:01 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Prestorm Prospertown Saturday AM

Grandson and I were on the water by 6:00 am Saturday . Prospertown had wind howling from the North East around 15 kt . We decided to try and troll Rapala's before the wind increased/rain started . We just let the wind push us down the main lake . On the first run we got 5 Crappie three of which were keepers . We rowed against the wind and then let the wind push our johnboat back . We tried to fish jigs in the Narrows and got a couple of nice Sunfish . Chris got out on shore and fished around the ramp and I tried to anchor on Rollercoaster Point .Two bricks didn't hold bottom in the wind but I did manage a 14" Bass on my Crappie jig . Chris got back in the boat and we went back on the troll . It started to white cap so we called it a day at 9:00 . We ended up with 10 keeper Crappie (5 shorts) , 4 sunfish (3 others released) , 1 Bass (released) , 1 Pickerel (released) and one keeper Perch . we did the best with Troutfinish#5 Rapala's . The Crappie jigs only caught Sunfish and the Bass . Most of the Crappie were on the main lake between Rollercoaster Point and the main ramp . The wind pushed the warm water out of the back .