NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Somerset County Ponds & Lakes - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 09-17-2017, 01:39 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Somerset County Ponds & Lakes

Hey guys new to the forum and fairly new to the sport. been fishing the past 6 monthes or so. Im having trouble finding some sure fire bass spots near me. I live in bridgewater on the side closer to bedminster.

Ive hit bedminster pond but the algae bloom is bad in the summeer months. I recently tried seeleys pond and found the same thing, algae. Ive had no luck at Colonial park and heard from guys there that good fishing has been hard to come by.

Ive seen older posts about washington valley resevoir, on chimney rock road. has anyone every inquired why this isnt stocked? algae isnt an issue, and it is a fairly large body of water with what seems to be a good potential fishing spot. anyone have luck there?

Tips and advice are greatly appreciated.
Old 09-17-2017, 01:50 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Somerset County Ponds & Lakes

Washington Valley Park is a great spot, never fished the reservoir but I've hit the river there a few times. There's tons of sunnies there and a decent amount of bass too, last time i went I caught 4 bass and more sunnies than I could count. Tight lines man!
Old 09-17-2017, 02:20 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Somerset County Ponds & Lakes

Washington Valley has decent bass but it's a tough nut to crack. For more consistent local bass action (lmb) get a frog for topwater, punch thru the algae with a jig, throw senko's to the holes in the cover, and look for ponds with fountains for clearer water. North Branch for SMB (and lmb) near you.

good luck!
Old 09-17-2017, 08:43 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Lightbulb Re: Somerset County Ponds & Lakes

http://www.nj.gov/dep/fgw/fishplc.htm

and try using Google Earth.