NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

3rd Annual Opening Day, Frankie Vigg!!! - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 04-08-2017, 05:50 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up 3rd Annual Opening Day, Frankie Vigg!!!

Got up bright and early again this year to meet the boys over at the pristine Pohatcong creek. Water was a tad high and stained but definitely manageable. Myself, Fireball Bob, Jeff, Rich and Mike Sr gave it our best today in dirty water conditions. I limited out while watching lots of anglers leave frustrated. Be patient guys, you needed to make adjustments to get that bait, jig or plug down to where the fish were hiding in the brown waters.

We ate like kings in memory of Frank! Gourmet burgers, Sausage and peppers, an entire roll of Taylor Ham destroyed by days end, LOL!!! Lets change it up, "We ate like fat Kings, really fat!" I think I'm still full from all the crap I ingested today. Good eats!!!

The Pohat fished the best out of the 4 streams we visited throughout the day. Got myself a bakers dozen out of the creek before the bite completely shut down. Those fish fell for plugs most of the morning. Gotta love that little creek! Headed to the lower Musky near Bloomsbury, Warren Glen. The 5 minute ride from the Pohat wasn't worth it! Its raging still and looks like a fun place to do some semi extreme Kayaking! Next stop the SB near High Bridge. It was a little better than the Musky but the water was very dirty and fast, no bueno! Decided to try 1 more spot and found another limit for myself to end this glorious Opening Day! The creek is a gem and was running gin clear despite all the recent rains. I couldn't believe how clear it was. There were Trout in every hole but not many of them. The main spots were lacking fish while other tiny seams and tiny holes held some good fishing. Had a chance at some Wild Browns until I slipped down the bank and spooked em all out of the tree stump they were hiding in, HAHA! Thats when me and the crew called it quits!

Overall I say it was another great opener and another great memory made. We ate, we fished, we caught, we laughed and celebrated a great fishermen's life. Cheers to all that keep this fishery going and cheers to all that enjoy Opening Day of Trout season year after year! #traditionisimportant

R.I.P. Frankie Vigg!!! Friend, Son, Brother, Fishermen!!!
TIGHT LINEZ!!!

Last edited by FASTEDDIE29; 04-08-2017 at 05:59 PM..
Old 04-08-2017, 06:55 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: 3rd Annual Opening Day, Frankie Vigg!!!

An awesome way to commemorate your friend.
I'm glad you all had a great day out there.

Old 04-08-2017, 08:27 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: 3rd Annual Opening Day, Frankie Vigg!!!

Very well done. Fire up the smoker !
Old 04-09-2017, 04:46 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: 3rd Annual Opening Day, Frankie Vigg!!!

Nice job Eddie remembering your buddy , too many of us forget to soon 👍