NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Somerset County Federation meeting 11/9/16: - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 11-10-2016, 04:48 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Somerset County Federation meeting 11/9/16:

I attended the Somerset County Federation Of Sportsmen's Club meeting on November 9th. I live in Middlesex County but the Somerset County meeting is much closer to my home.
I was quite surprised when Dave Chanda walked in ! Dave Chanda if you do not know is the Director for the Division of Fish and Wildlife. Dave gave a great power point presentation on how monies are allocated and raised for certain projects. Not just that, he went on to talk about other programs in New Jersey that directly affect fishermen and hunters. I was really glad I attended the meeting. There were at least 15 people at the meeting. The down side of the meeting was the age of those attending, I'm 54 and I felt I was "younger" than most at the meeting. Remember the Federation is a direct pipeline to the Fish and Game Council and many ideas are brought forward first through the Federation. Every County in the State of New Jersey has a Federation meeting place and meet once a month, I strongly advise attending these meetings. It would also be nice to see some of the younger generation getting involved also.
I know on the message board we often talk about pros and cons and some things we like to see changed, a Federation meeting is a great place to voice those opinions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Header.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	105067  

Last edited by AndyS; 11-10-2016 at 05:02 PM..
Old 11-10-2016, 05:01 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Somerset County Federation meeting 11/9/16:

To find your local federation click here
Old 11-11-2016, 09:18 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Somerset County Federation meeting 11/9/16:

You picked the perfect meeting to attend! Younger than most but not all LOL... Sent you a PM...

All are welcomed at the meetings. We meet the 2nd Tuesday of each month except in July and August. Also, there will be no meeting in December. We discuss all F&W issues. A member of the Game Council and/or Div employee attend the meetings. A great time and place to voice your concerns....

Find the Round Valley Trout Association on Facebook.