NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Mouth watering - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 04-20-2014, 08:18 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Mouth watering

For those that don't know, Wiper filet is some of the best eating you'll find in Jersey waters. Try this: Dry filet, rub with butter, apply Zatarain's blackened fish seasoning and grill till done, usually about 6mins per side. Ya gotta Hook em to Cook em. BTW Lake Hopatcong has the best tasting stripers.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:39 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Re: Mouth watering

This is a great recipe. That's how I prepare my Wiler for fish tacos, delicious. LH wipers taste great because of the septic issues on the lake. This is a true statement. Remember kids, the limit on Hybrids is 2 over 16 inches. GO GET EM!
Old 04-20-2014, 10:53 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Mouth watering

I'd also like to add that hybrid-stripers are piscivores and accumulate high levels of methyl-mecury and other pollutants in their flesh.

The current DEP fish consumption advisory recommends eating hybrid-striper no more than once a month to give the angler's body a chance to flush out the mercury and minimize the accumulation of pollutants. Methyl Mercury consumption will increase your chances of getting cancer in your lifetime and is detrimental to the developing neurological systems of children and babies.

Source:
http://www.state.nj.us/dep/dsr/fisha...advisories.pdf