NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Windy... too windy... - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 04-14-2014, 05:20 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Windy... too windy...

Hit one of the sheds solo today. Launched about 9AM and the wind was already rippin'. Was largely an effort in futility trying to fish while controlling the boat but I made the best of it. Managed 1 smallie, about 2 pounds. Sorry, no pic today since it was all I could do to land and release the fish without slamming into the rocks. By early afternoon, the wind had to be up over 20mph with gusts significantly higher. Anchored up and fished off a point for awhile until it got so bad the anchor wouldn't hold with the gusts. Decided to pack it in around 1:30. Heading back to the launch against the wind, I could only manage 0.3 mph (according to my gps) at full throttle electric. During that time, saw 2 guys launch in a jon boat, go about 20 feet and go back in. So I land the boat and while backing my trailer down to the water, I see a gust of wind hit my boat and snap off the limb of the tree I'm tied off too. I was able to quick stop the truck, jump out, run into the water and grab the rope while it was still in about 2 fow thanks to the limb it was dragging. Got straightened out and loaded the boat up. In retrospect, I probably should not have launched today... a crappy day could have ended really badly... but hey... didn't get skunked...
Old 04-14-2014, 11:49 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Windy... too windy...

Too much wind stinks, both fresh and salt. Weather gonna be tough for the next couple of days, thanx for checking in, safely