NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

CAUGHT in the Store, not in the FW - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 02-15-2013, 06:59 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default CAUGHT in the Store, not in the FW

If you have ever gone down any isle at any fishing store...bam! Caught your eye and purchased. Fished your purchase, over and over without a bite?

We have, probably, all been "lured" into the "caught your eye" but not a fish thing!.

Anyone want to speak out on what has worked and where you have been stumped?

What works and what do ya need to avoid!
Old 02-15-2013, 07:13 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: CAUGHT in the Store, not in the FW

Yea the three hundred dollars worth of crankbaits i bought, LOL caught maybe one or two fish on them at most!!! Ended up practically giving them away at a few yard sales i had!!!
Old 02-15-2013, 07:24 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetANet
Yea the three hundred dollars worth of crankbaits i bought, LOL caught maybe one or two fish on them at most!!! Ended up practically giving them away at a few yard sales i had!!!
Yeah started this post with as much in mind. Must have 20-30 lures in my tackle box and only have a hand full of "go to" lures that always produce...Admit it...Caught at the store
Old 02-15-2013, 07:46 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Sebile triple jointed minnow baits. They look amazing, they catch me absolutely nothing, nadda, zilch and zero. I've never seen a lure so well made that catches nothing. Pretty costly as well. Oh well, at least the other 10,867 lures catch fish. LOL!!!
Old 02-15-2013, 08:44 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

The thousand bucks in crank baits that ive accumulatedfrom each trip to cabelas and numerous rubber frogs usualy try ten 15casts until i get I aggravated and throw on the old reliabl weedless plastic worm rip that across the same water and wack a fish however o have seen other people with sucsess idk maybe its just me lol
Old 02-15-2013, 09:02 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I' got a couple boxes of flies I bought years ago and maybe caught a few fish on them. Maybe I could sell them over on GTS. I fish mostly bait now, so I probably shouldn't go anywhere near those guys, they harass spinner fisherman they would probably want to tar and feather me.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:35 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Picked up a decent baitcaster from Dick's. Never truly felt comfortable casting it and was next to impossible to make any casts from my kayak. Currently collecting dust with aspirations of being my future trolling set-up lol.

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek
Old 02-16-2013, 07:27 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTEDDIE29
Sebile triple jointed minnow baits. They look amazing, they catch me absolutely nothing, nadda, zilch and zero. I've never seen a lure so well made that catches nothing. Pretty costly as well. Oh well, at least the other 10,867 lures catch fish. LOL!!!

Glad I'm not the only guy who got bit by this one.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:18 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetANet
Yea the three hundred dollars worth of crankbaits i bought
LOL, doesn't matter for me if they're lipless or with lips, I've never had any produce. I've seen a few follows using some but nada taken. Fortunately they're light so they don't weigh down my tackle box too badly lugging around.

I bought a midsize Heddon surface plug a few years back. I thought the color and the bucktail trailer would be lethal for daybreak fishing on calm mornings. It's never even gotten me a swirl at it.

Along the same lines it is fun to use something that's been in the tacklebox for years that's not a go-to lure and have it produce. I don't use the old Jitterbug too often but it's great to catch a fish with it when the new-fangled stuff doesn't.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:21 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

I could count on my hands and toes the number of lures in my tackle box that have never caught a fish or drawn a strike. I have some sweet looking crayfish imitating crank baits in 3 colors that I fish in a lake I know bass feed on crayfish. Zero bites! Toss a worm in those same colors bass eat them like a buffet. The lure makers know how to catch fisherman and they always catch a limit.