NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

need help guys - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 02-05-2013, 08:52 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default need help guys

well, i used to live on shark river. Thanks to the hurricane we lost everything and are staying with friends in mays landing. off blackhorse pike.

is there any were close to that to fresh water fish from shore preferably as we lost out boat also. I transfer in july (active duty) so im not looking to get a new boat. but my daughter has been bugging me to go fishing and id like to have a place set for spring
Old 02-05-2013, 09:06 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: need help guys

Try this: http://www.nj.gov/dep/fgw/fishplc.htm

I have the paperback version of the 3 pamplets/maps on the top and they are pretty informative. Breaks down bodies of water and what fish are available in them. Check them out.

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek
Old 02-05-2013, 11:18 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I just checked out Mays Landing on the NJF&W Pocket Ranger app and I see Lenape Lake and Maple Lake as good prospects for Bass, pans, and cats.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:53 AM
Old Soft Salt

If you have a smart phone (I think me, Andy and Lard are the only ones left who don't ) get the Pocket Ranger Free app.

For more information about the application, see the DEP news release at http://www.state.nj.us/dep/newsrel/2013/13_0002.htm which has a link to download the app.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:46 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

+4, still on blackberry- think it's an over 50 thing

hey skunk, did you print the pdf from the page or is there something more inclusive available on hardcopy?
Old 02-05-2013, 01:01 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycomps
+4, still on blackberry- think it's an over 50 thing

hey skunk, did you print the pdf from the page or is there something more inclusive available on hardcopy?
I grabbed them at one of the recent shows, they had stacks for passers-by to take. I'm pretty sure its the same info though, map of the state with the locations of the mentioned lakes, as well as a table with all the lakes and all the fish species. If a lake has, for example, Hybrid Striped Bass, it will have a little mark in that column for that specific lake. I haven't looked at it in a few months, but I'm pretty sure it folds out but info-wise, printing out the PDF should be just fine.

The App is even more kick-ass, as it uses your phone's GPS to show you fishing locations in your proximity.

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek