NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

The Kayak Fishing Store - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 01-31-2013, 10:53 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default The Kayak Fishing Store

Finally got to check out The Kayak Fishing Store yesterday morning. I met Jon the owner, really great guy. We spoke about Kayak fishing and other kayak topics for an hour or so, nice to know there is a place specific for kayak fishing local to me (and much closer than KFS was). If your looking for any items for your kayak, i suggest seeing Jon at the Kayak fishing store. He also mentioned to me that anything he doesn't have in the store, he can order for you. Keep that in mind & Support the local businesses!
Old 01-31-2013, 02:40 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: The Kayak Fishing Store

Great post Jerry !!! I have been friends with Jon, since he had the other store. Since then, I have been on a trip with him to Alaska and many many trips around the tri-state area. Even if you don't kayak fish, his store has something for every fisherman. Check it out, and I am sure you will find something that you could use.

Danny V
Old 01-31-2013, 03:55 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Thanks Dan, I saw your mug shot on his wall, if it wasnt for you pitching the hobie to me, i doubt i would have ever taken the step to buying a kayak!
Old 01-31-2013, 05:47 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Where is the Kayak Fishing Store?

Mom, I love you so much and I will never stop missing you.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:35 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Are you guys referring to the one right off of rt46 in Fairfield?
Old 02-01-2013, 09:26 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Yep, 46 in Fairfield NJ.
I have a gift cert. I got on X mas that I need to use. Much closer to me than the old KFS store or Jersey Paddler. Not that I need anything but.......
I met Jon once at a fishing show and bought his book. Interesting reading.
Support Local Economy! Bix box stores are nice but do nothing for us here in NJ.....
Old 02-01-2013, 09:57 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Jon is a great guy with a ton of knowledge- not only about kayaks but fishing salt and fresh water as well. He made me a custom FF mount for my kayak in his shop in the back. Definitely a good guy.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:48 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Spoke to him over the phone recently which helped me make a decision buying my revo. I definitely want to get one of his books he's not too far from me.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:55 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryC
Thanks Dan, I saw your mug shot on his wall, if it wasnt for you pitching the hobie to me, i doubt i would have ever taken the step to buying a kayak!
did u buy the hobie? I didn't think he carried hobies, does he? let me know, I'm very close to pulling the trigger myself. thanks.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:09 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I bought my kayak from him years ago when he was still owner of kayak fishing stuff ...I think it was out on rt 10 in the denville area...I also bought my roof racks from him, which i use for everything from kayaks to canoes to ladders and everything you can imagine...I don't own an SUV or truck of any kind , so the roof racks are an absolute MUST...

I spoke to him before one of his seminars at The Fly Fishing Show....
I mainly talked to him about finally upgrading my kayak with a motor, which i have been eyeballing since i bought the yak about six or seven yrs ago....

Don't get me wrong, i love to kayak but some locations i fish require up to an hour of paddling bfore fishing can begin....I've always been into the fishing more than the paddling ...Life would just be sooo much easier with a motor in these hard to reach ares...I should have jumped on buying the motor yrs ago when the prices were lower...Now that kayak fishing has really taken off, so have the prices on the upper end accesories...

Gr8 guy with a gr8 amount of knowledge