NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Fall Bass Fishing? Hows it been treating you? - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 10-23-2012, 12:47 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Fall Bass Fishing? Hows it been treating you?

How has it been going for you guys thus far? Been a bit slow for me the past 2 weekends and im hoping to get 1 last run in this sunday. I went out 2 weekends ago to Green Turtle and ended up with only 3 for the day.. went out again this sat for only 4 hours to my local puff and ended up with again only 3..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	550507_10150247443279981_1510592466_n.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	54500  
Old 10-23-2012, 08:10 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Fall Bass Fishing? Hows it been treating you?

had to totally rethink my strategy last time I went out. bass that I'd hammered all year in the weedy shallows at one end of my favorite pond had moved to the opposite structure filled end. Could still be seen cruising the shoreline though, I hung a favorite frog on a tree trying to drop into a pocket I had just gotten hit hard in and it snagged solid. Ruined my day with two hits but no takes.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:24 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycomps
had to totally rethink my strategy last time I went out. bass that I'd hammered all year in the weedy shallows at one end of my favorite pond had moved to the opposite structure filled end. Could still be seen cruising the shoreline though, I hung a favorite frog on a tree trying to drop into a pocket I had just gotten hit hard in and it snagged solid. Ruined my day with two hits but no takes.
Thats funny you say that. I went to my normal local spot which I would normally be hitting them on the north western shore line... yea well after 2 hours of only catching 1 dink, i shot down to the south western shore line and started to get into them right off of a massive rock bluff.. mind you i NEVER fish this side of the lake.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:29 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

My success has all depended on the wind. No wind has equalled no bass. Has anyone else had similar results?
Old 10-25-2012, 02:06 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Im not sure if thats totally the case for me. Ive definitely got into some nice bass with calm wind conditions. I think I would have to agree with you on the larger lakes though, but for the smaller lakes and ponds and even smaller rivers wind doesn't always play a role. The bass fishing for me though has essentially turned off (well kinda). In terms of numbers they have drastically reduced, but as far as larger fish are concerned I have been catching more bigger fish lately. The fish havent been committing as much, but when they do they hammer it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewT
My success has all depended on the wind. No wind has equalled no bass. Has anyone else had similar results?
Old 10-26-2012, 10:09 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewT
both times ive gotten out its been very windy.. so yes