NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

White Deer Creek PA - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 09-20-2012, 07:57 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default White Deer Creek PA

Fished the head waters and fly fishing only stretch this past week end. Did OK, not great. Had to fish hard for the elusive trout. All fish returned to be caught another day. Water was very low and warm. Finicky bite once you found the fish. You only got one chance and it was a very docile strike. Fished mainly streamers and small nymphs. Took some live minnows but didn't get the chance to try them. My 15 year old son out fished us all and by Sunday, we were mooching his flies that he tied the night before. Only thing in abundance was rattle snakes. Saw three live ones and two dead. Very dry in the woods so they must be looking for water. Got a ton of rain Monday and Tuesday so I may try again this week end.

Not a great trip but at least I was fishing. First trip to the cabin without the Old Man. Missed him a lot this week end. Hung his fishing hat on a buck rack that hangs over the door.