NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Anyone ever fish Loon Lake, NY? - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 07-18-2012, 02:04 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Anyone ever fish Loon Lake, NY?

I am headed up to Loon Lake in NY, up by Lake George and Schroon Lake. We have a house there for a week starting next weekend just looking for any possible insight. We do plenty of bass fishing down here but was hoping someone may have been up there before. We will have two boats there one 17' grady (for fun) and another 16' tinboat with a 9.9 and a trolling motor to fish. I haven't fished up that way ever but I have heard great things. Hoping someone has some advice on gear/technique/etc up that way.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:28 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Re: Anyone ever fish Loon Lake, NY?

Lunker Trout...Lunker Trout....Lunker Trout, trolling spoons. I grew up that way, fished there many times. I have been able to take a number of small mouths fishing towards some of the rocky out crops along the shore. I've also taken a number of pike of decent size. It's been 15 years since I've fished there but it always was good to me.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:47 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Log on to the web forum for 307.com

http://www.fishingtheweb.com/forum/f...sp?FORUM_ID=37

This it the LG area tackle shop. Thumb thru the threads for what you are looking for or post up a question.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:23 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Fished there years ago, the time of year your going should put Large mouths on the top of your list for they will be in the weeded coves for sure, and on deep points, not sure about lunker trout there, but I wouldn't be surprised if u ran into a few lunker pike while bass fishing..As I remember its not a real deep lake Like Schroon or Lake George..In fact if your trailering, it mite be worth your while to run up to Schroon lake for a early morning shot..Great launch and parking area at south end of lake..don't rule out trolling at either lake.. Good Luck... Slider
Old 07-20-2012, 11:23 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Thank you very much guys..all this info is much appreciated.