NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Big Swartswood 11/27: - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 11-27-2011, 03:49 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Big Swartswood 11/27:

After I saw FastEddie getting walleye of da bank I said I gotta give this place a try. Grabbed Wilson and we got a bunch of live shiners. Fished around with live bait for a while and I got a small bass and Wilson got a nice crappie, I had a good run off on a live shiner and went to set the hook and it felt heavy, a few quick head shakes and it was gone.
Saw FE fishing off the bank and I told him to jump into the boat. The three of us drifted some nice structure throwing the whole tackle box, no love from the walleye. We anchored when the wind picked up and drifted when the wind dropped off, nothing. Great having FE the walleye king in the boat, plus all the intel. It's a very big lake for electric motors only. Wasn't too chilly in the boat today but I think that is all for this season, gonna push it into the backyard and turn it over for the winter. Nice lake, I'll go back there again.

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandf...wartswood.html
Old 11-27-2011, 04:03 PM
Old Soft Salt

Default Re: Big Swartswood 11/27:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS
After I saw FastEddie getting walleye of da bank I said I gotta give this place a try. Grabbed Wilson and we got a bunch of live shiners. Fished around with live bait for a while and I got a small bass and Wilson got a nice crappie, I had a good run off on a live shiner and went to set the hook and it felt heavy, a few quick head shakes and it was gone.
Saw FE fishing off the bank and I told him to jump into the boat. The three of us drifted some nice structure throwing the whole tackle box, no love from the walleye. We anchored when the wind picked up and drifted when the wind dropped off, nothing. Great having FE the walleye king in the boat, plus all the intel. It's a very big lake for electric motors only. Wasn't too chilly in the boat today but I think that is all for this season, gonna push it into the backyard and turn it over for the winter. Nice lake, I'll go back there again.
When you mean off the bank you mean OFF THE BANK.
We almost ran him over with the boat!
Nice getting out in pretty damn good weather for late November.
Dry socks

Last edited by Wilson; 02-18-2012 at 03:46 AM..
Old 11-27-2011, 04:50 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Re: Big Swartswood 11/27:

I definately appreciate you guys pickin me up. Unfortunately we couldnt find the fish. Next time we will all get limits......Eyes for everyone!!!
Old 11-27-2011, 06:18 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Two buddies and myself were out there as well, would have loved to meet all you guys. We did the jigging thing all day with some crankbaits and stickbaits mixed in with no walleye love. Place is pretty, definetly worth another shot soon.

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek
Old 11-28-2011, 07:28 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk City
Two buddies and myself were out there as well, would have loved to meet all you guys. We did the jigging thing all day with some crankbaits and stickbaits mixed in with no walleye love. Place is pretty, definetly worth another shot soon.
Wow it was a NJF takeover at Swartswood. It would of been great for all of us to get together, maybe next time. Lots of eyes in that lake. Its usually hard not to catch the eyes in there, so many of them!!!
Old 11-28-2011, 10:58 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I think we fished all the typical Walleye areas (the island, the points, ledges/dropoffs). Fishfinder took a crap 20 minutes after we hit the water, but I had my Navionics app on my phone, so we kinda depended on that to put us on the fishy areas. At one point we had like 4 boats within a couple hundred feet of us all jigging with no walleye. Beautiful day out there for us, just not for the fish lol.

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek