NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

may 16 bassing philly style - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 05-16-2011, 10:35 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default may 16 bassing philly style

hit my lake today decided to fish the opposite side of where i normally fish as it is sandier and gravely and the bass often bed there. had a dink right away then a solid 13-14 inch fish which was bleeding a little so I IMMEDIATELY RELEASED THE FISH but i did not get any pics. fished this side REALLY hard but nothing else except Philly piranhas. this same location last year was consistently puling 5-10 12 inch fish and over out but they just are not there, did not see any fish bedding yet either.

Moved my way over to my normal side of the lake hard east wind blowing tossed along some reeds got a small crappie, more piranhas, went to the ole creekbed more piranahs and lost a dinky bass. went to the jungle hole ( got to walk through a thick willow tree and cat tails) flipped out got a solid 14 inch bass walked down a little more flipped out got slammed and set the hook on a nice fish first one of the year i dunno how much it weighed but it felt pretty heavy and was built really thick. i got it ashore took a quick pic or 2 and as i go to pop the hook out of the roof of its mouth my line snapped and simultaneously the dumba$$ opened his throat and swallowed my size 1 hook. saw no blood but i could not see or feel the hook i immediately released the fish and hope it is ok as contrary to popular belief i never kill anything unless i am gonna eat it. walked back around to the other side but nothing except piranhas.

also i flipped by a set of reeds and a dumb duck went over and submerged at my hook as it swam off the stupid thing hooked itself in the leg, so i slowly handlined it to the bank and gently unhooked it. The duck was totally calm the whole time, i was expecting a fight like a seagull but this thing seemed like it been through it before and yes i released the duck although the thought cross my mind and so far everyone assumes i ate it ahahah still not great fishing but felt good to finally get a solid fish ashore. Also CARP ARE EVERYWHERE!

so 4 bass,1 crappie, and countless piranhi. pics suck i need a new camera since i dropped mine on deck @ puosu back in january.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	keepah may 16.JPG
Views:	259
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	35364   Click image for larger version

Name:	grass bass may 16.JPG
Views:	230
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	35365   Click image for larger version

Name:	lunky 2 may 16.JPG
Views:	238
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	35366   Click image for larger version

Name:	lunky may 16.JPG
Views:	276
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	35367  

Murr722@gmail.com

THE REIGNING, DEFENDING, PUT UP OR SHUT UP
CHAMPION

Put Up or Shut Up IX Prelims winner

If you don't like fish thats "fishy" eat chicken.

"theres a million fine looking women in the world dude,but they dont all buy you st. croixs for your birthday,most of them just yell at ya for fishing to much."

"Murray's Law: The uglier a fish is, the better it tastes." - Lard Almighty

LAB,always in our hearts & ears

Last edited by jmurr711; 05-16-2011 at 10:56 PM..
Old 05-17-2011, 08:32 AM
Old Soft Salt

Default Re: may 16 bassing philly style

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurr711
hit my lake today decided to fish the opposite side of where i normally fish as it is sandier and gravely and the bass often bed there. had a dink right away then a solid 13-14 inch fish which was bleeding a little so I IMMEDIATELY RELEASED THE FISH but i did not get any pics. fished this side REALLY hard but nothing else except Philly piranhas. this same location last year was consistently puling 5-10 12 inch fish and over out but they just are not there, did not see any fish bedding yet either.

Moved my way over to my normal side of the lake hard east wind blowing tossed along some reeds got a small crappie, more piranhas, went to the ole creekbed more piranahs and lost a dinky bass. went to the jungle hole ( got to walk through a thick willow tree and cat tails) flipped out got a solid 14 inch bass walked down a little more flipped out got slammed and set the hook on a nice fish first one of the year i dunno how much it weighed but it felt pretty heavy and was built really thick. i got it ashore took a quick pic or 2 and as i go to pop the hook out of the roof of its mouth my line snapped and simultaneously the dumba$$ opened his throat and swallowed my size 1 hook. saw no blood but i could not see or feel the hook i immediately released the fish and hope it is ok as contrary to popular belief i never kill anything unless i am gonna eat it. walked back around to the other side but nothing except piranhas.

also i flipped by a set of reeds and a dumb duck went over and submerged at my hook as it swam off the stupid thing hooked itself in the leg, so i slowly handlined it to the bank and gently unhooked it. The duck was totally calm the whole time, i was expecting a fight like a seagull but this thing seemed like it been through it before and yes i released the duck although the thought cross my mind and so far everyone assumes i ate it ahahah still not great fishing but felt good to finally get a solid fish ashore. Also CARP ARE EVERYWHERE!

so 4 bass,1 crappie, and countless piranhi. pics suck i need a new camera since i dropped mine on deck @ puosu back in january.
Try cleaning the lens and a new camera won't help with compostion
Caught many ducks, geese, and other flying creatures.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:36 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson

Try cleaning the lens and a new camera won't help with compostion
Caught many ducks, geese, and other flying creatures.
the screen is broken and i cannot review any pictures i just got to hope i took a good one haha what i was surprised was how calm the duck was just sat there let me grab its leg and un hook it i mean what small animal would allow me to grab it? after working on blue boats and fistf ighting seagulls i was expecting the worst!

Murr722@gmail.com

THE REIGNING, DEFENDING, PUT UP OR SHUT UP
CHAMPION

Put Up or Shut Up IX Prelims winner

If you don't like fish thats "fishy" eat chicken.

"theres a million fine looking women in the world dude,but they dont all buy you st. croixs for your birthday,most of them just yell at ya for fishing to much."

"Murray's Law: The uglier a fish is, the better it tastes." - Lard Almighty

LAB,always in our hearts & ears
Old 05-17-2011, 07:24 PM
Old Soft Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurr711
the screen is broken and i cannot review any pictures i just got to hope i took a good one haha what i was surprised was how calm the duck was just sat there let me grab its leg and un hook it i mean what small animal would allow me to grab it? after working on blue boats and fistf ighting seagulls i was expecting the worst!
In that case your right you need a new camera.
Duck prob. knew who he was dealing with and did not want to end up as a Philfy pheasant!!!!
Old 05-17-2011, 07:33 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Duck and geese fishing is great when the catching is slow. Ive hooked into quite a few breeder geese and gulls in my time. Good bassin brother!
Old 05-17-2011, 09:12 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I got spooled by a pelican in the keys. Talk about power. I never had a chance.