NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

the stripe type.....!!!!!! - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 05-04-2011, 07:04 PM
maddhatterr

Default the stripe type.....!!!!!!

Well hit the raritan again in south Bound.....I threw every plug I had in my bag....Hatters, Tattoos, yozuris, Rapallas, bombers, and even a super strike popper and nothin....But....my father-in-law had a good runn off on a Hatterr plug but it broke off(most likely due to his drag being to tight) 10 lb. test. Never saw it. Was fishin right by where the foot bridge comes over the canal on the rocks...if you know the river you know the spot...think its time!!!!!! Go gettem boys....gonna hitt it it hard on Friday morning, and with some luck I'll post the pictures.....
Old 05-04-2011, 07:06 PM
maddhatterr

Default Re: the stripe type.....!!!!!!

River looked good...no more choclate milk and its runnin at a nice pace....but not to high or fast...!
Old 05-04-2011, 07:35 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: the stripe type.....!!!!!!

I may see you there Friday morning. I'm in funk when it come to fishing the Raritan river this time of year, do I toss shad darts for shad, trout spinners for the trout, or big stuff for the striped bass.

I have been in touch with Mark down at NJFG&W:

The fish ladder is open now, so shad and other fish are free to swim upstream. We now have two seasonal technicians who will be maintaining the camera in the viewing room. Unfortunately, the camera hasn’t been put in place yet, as we’ve been having trouble with the recorder. Hopefully, next week.
Meanwhile, the techs are here @ the lab, viewing the tapes from previous years.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20110125_calcodam.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	34389  
Old 05-05-2011, 09:30 AM
NJFishing.com Member

Hey Andy, if there is ever a position that needs filling that you hear about, let me know!! talk about dream job...lol

I am going to hit it this afternoon/evening. will report back tonight or tomorrow!
Old 05-05-2011, 10:15 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

where u fishing at parking etc if u don't mind me asking
Old 05-05-2011, 10:24 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Arrow Re: the stripe type.....!!!!!!

If you follow canal road away from South Bound Brook you will see a foot bridge that crosses the canal, at that spot there is parking for about 2 cars on the side of the road. If you drive up to the lock on the canal you can pull over on the side of the road, room for about 6 cars. The building by the lock is owned by the water company and you can park there on the weekends, not weekdays. Talk about spot burning
I think it's all good, the Raritan is under rated and under fished IMO.
With the dams coming down I think it's obvious the State is TRYING to do the right thing.

Dream job: ?
http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/job11...ch-raritan.htm
Old 05-05-2011, 10:56 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS
If you follow canal road away from South Bound Brook you will see a foot bridge that crosses the canal, at that spot there is parking for about 2 cars on the side of the road. If you drive up to the lock on the canal you can pull over on the side of the road, room for about 6 cars. The building by the lock is owned by the water company and you can park there on the weekends, not weekdays. Talk about spot burning
I think it's all good, the Raritan is under rated and under fished IMO.
With the dams coming down I think it's obvious the State is TRYING to do the right thing.

Dream job: ?
http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/job11...ch-raritan.htm
Compensation: $8.00 - $12.00 an hour an hour (depending on education and experience)

for a teenager maybe....
Supporter SSFFF
Founder & President FGGF
Old 05-06-2011, 08:45 AM
NJFishing.com Member

thanks for the link Andy- theres always that pesky college degree in biology...why cant they hook up a guy with military service, a strong background and interest(not to mention great concern for) fishing in NJ...
I'm no teenager, but i would take 10 bucks an hour at 40hrs a week in a heart beat right now! especially doing something interesting... oh well..

I am going to try to get out there today sometime. Hopefully i will have some action