NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Ice Fishing - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 12-29-2022, 05:45 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Ice Fishing

I was able to hit Lake Hopatcong on Monday. Found about 3.5 inches of ice. Bait shop did not have shiners, so jigging was the only option. Only caught one small perch, missed 2 others. Slow day jigging. A guy near me had tip-ups and shiners and pulled 4 pickerel. Ice has to be gone by now with the warm weather. I would not venture out there. I was spudding all around my location to be safe. There were about 7 guys out there. Avoided the skunk. Happy to squeeze a little ice fishing in prior to the new year!

TD
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3760.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	162826  
Old 12-30-2022, 08:20 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Ice Fishing

Well done, the ice is going to take a beating with this warm weather and rain in the forecast. lets pray that the colder temps return soon. good to see you avoided the dreadful skunkin with that perch in your photo. also glad to hear that you were using a spud to check the ice as you go.
Old 12-31-2022, 05:07 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Ice Fishing

Looks to be a tough season with no Arctic blasts in site. Let’s see how it plays out. I’m ready for anything as always. Glad you got out and scratched the itch. I got out as well but the Pike did not cooperate on that trip. Grrrrrrr! FLAGGGGGG!!!