NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Oneida Super Spreader Weekend - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 03-01-2021, 08:52 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Oneida Super Spreader Weekend

Scotty had booked a weekend up at Lake Oneida, NY for a njf ice-fishing get-together. Airbnb right on the lake. Squatch, Chrisper, Fonz, Eddie, Hookmanski, Nick, and I made it but unfortunately scotty himself couldnt make it! Big thanks to him for arranging the whole thing though.

Fishing action wasn't hot, but jumbo perch and walleye kept the two full days of ice fishing interesting. Walleye were averaging to the smaller side some hot dogs, some 14.9 inchers, and a few keepers a day. Friday a few guys got to the lake early, a few fish and interestingly a mudpuppy(?) on a tipup.
Monday the wind was so rough, and with checkout at noon, no one fished and slept in with a clean house left behind.
I happened to catch a perch that was 13 inches long and 12 inches-girth. Supposedly at least 2 lbs. Might be the heaviest perch I ever catch in my life. Fonz and Nick had the biggest walleye of the trip, nothing huge but nice sized 20+ inchers.

It was a great time with everyone! Great meals cooked and smiles all around. Some very hysterical moments lol. Plenty of pranks and jokes go around when the action is slow. I also learned how to fillet my first fish, yeeehaw! Eddie knocked it out of the park with the most amazing fried fish I ever ate. We need that batter recipe! I couldnt have spent a better weekend by myself. Im expecting more pictures to be posted, I dont have them all myself yet : )

Old 03-01-2021, 08:52 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Oneida Super Spreader Weekend

Old 03-01-2021, 08:53 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Old 03-01-2021, 08:53 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Old 03-01-2021, 08:55 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Old 03-01-2021, 09:19 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Oneida Super Spreader Weekend

Man I wish Scotty was there. He’s definitely a great dude to fish with. He will be out soon enough, that’s for sure. We had a great house thanks to him. Thank you ScowardNJ.

It was a great trip despite the full moon and constant pressure change and crazy winds out of every direction. Fish were caught, lessons were taught and learned I think! We went as hard as we could and it was slow from there to back home here in NJ this weekend. We picked and plucked at the fish the best we can and got some nice fish through the ice. Luke’s big Perch weighed about 2.34!lbs. according to one of those app things. Lol! The pics don’t lie! Sunday was are best day obviously and we pulled enough fish through the icy holes to make that fish fry happen and took home some fillets as well. Good times had by all with some awesome food and diehard crew. As for the crockpot ribs, I’m hoping the homeowner doesn’t leave them for us next time. LOL! I can make ribs on the grill way better then that........TIGHT LINEZ! FLAGGGGGG!!!!

My tip up Walleye on Friday night was no slacker Luke!

Last edited by FASTEDDIE29; 03-01-2021 at 09:23 PM..
Old 03-01-2021, 10:20 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Hmmmmm.... there seems to be a pic missing..... where is my special catch????? 🤣🤣🤣🤣
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54
Old 03-02-2021, 05:08 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

congrats to all!!!! gotta love that lake.
Old 03-02-2021, 07:17 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisper4694 View Post
Hmmmmm.... there seems to be a pic missing..... where is my special catch????? 🤣🤣🤣🤣
oooh you mean this one??? Yea this was chris's big catch

Old 03-02-2021, 07:44 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

What an awesome weekend it was with the crew! This was only my second time ever ice fishing, certainly wont be my last! Caught my first fish through the ice, my first Walleye, and then my first keeper walleye all thanks to the guys! Eddie was right, lessons were taught and learned and I soaked up a lot of information. Tricking everyone with the Burbot pic was way too funny Can't wait to do it again next year!!!