NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

6th Annual Trout opener in honor of Frankie 4/11 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 03-17-2020, 11:27 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up 6th Annual Trout opener in honor of Frankie 4/11

I can’t believe it’s been 6 years. Man, time flies. 6 years since the gentle giant that loved fishing was take from this earth tragically. Frankie loved Trout fishing! He went to every opener between PA and NJ every year and never got tired of it. This is his day to shine. This is the day we will celebrate and honor his life. God, I miss the kid! It’s not so much about the fish for me on his day. It’s about getting together with a strong brotherhood and forgetting about life’s troubles, even if it’s only for a one day. Let’s do this fellaz!

It’s that time of year when they stock the rivers with the little Trout again. Rainbows galore are going into our rivers, creeks, ponds and lakes all across the beautiful Garden State. The show must go on! We’ll be at the same place as last year of course. Fresh coffee, fire pit and some snacks will be provided by yours truly. If your not sure where you want to go feel free to join us on April 11, 2020 at 8 am for the Trout opener. Most of you already know our spot on Ravine Rd. in Pohatcong. C’mon down, we always catch fish here and there’s always some kind of food on the grill. Feel free to bring whatever you want to contribute to the riverside Trout bash! Looking forward to another phenom turnout this year. I think we had a total of 30 guys last year. Haha! Good times will be had by all!
WHO’S IN???

Last edited by FASTEDDIE29; 03-17-2020 at 12:19 PM..
Old 03-18-2020, 10:41 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: 6th Annual Trout opener in honor of Frankie 4/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTEDDIE29 View Post

I can’t believe it’s been 6 years. Man, time flies. 6 years since the gentle giant that loved fishing was take from this earth tragically. Frankie loved Trout fishing! He went to every opener between PA and NJ every year and never got tired of it. This is his day to shine. This is the day we will celebrate and honor his life. God, I miss the kid! It’s not so much about the fish for me on his day. It’s about getting together with a strong brotherhood and forgetting about life’s troubles, even if it’s only for a one day. Let’s do this fellaz!

It’s that time of year when they stock the rivers with the little Trout again. Rainbows galore are going into our rivers, creeks, ponds and lakes all across the beautiful Garden State. The show must go on! We’ll be at the same place as last year of course. Fresh coffee, fire pit and some snacks will be provided by yours truly. If your not sure where you want to go feel free to join us on April 11, 2020 at 8 am for the Trout opener. Most of you already know our spot on Ravine Rd. in Pohatcong. C’mon down, we always catch fish here and there’s always some kind of food on the grill. Feel free to bring whatever you want to contribute to the riverside Trout bash! Looking forward to another phenom turnout this year. I think we had a total of 30 guys last year. Haha! Good times will be had by all!
WHO’S IN???

Ahhh...although i never got a chance to meet Frankie, i will come and visit you guys. Eddie you know where all the googans be and you know how we party. Make sure the boys have a stomach for some European food. We will make it happen like no tomorrow. See you all there.

Andre
Old 03-18-2020, 01:18 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: 6th Annual Trout opener in honor of Frankie 4/11

Don’t think Well get a good turn out this year with all that’s going on. This post had to go up regardless. I feel the need to act as everything is normal and everyone I’m surrounded by is healthy. We shall see what the future brings. Stay well guys! See you on the water!!!

Andre! I’ll see you maniacs for sure!
Old 03-19-2020, 09:38 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I think turn around should be good.

Who can miss an opportunity to spend time with us lunatics. Good food, good ppl, great company and freacking awesome time.

Thanks for posting it up.

Andre
Old 03-21-2020, 07:27 AM
Site Sponsor

Me and masacola will be there, just in time for lunch 😬
Rvta member
Knee Deep member
Mike K Guide Service (owner)
https://www.facebook.com/MikeKGuideService/
(908 642-5423
Old 03-21-2020, 08:42 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Hey Eddie. I’ll be there if I can. Been dealing with ailing parent issues so my weekends are not always up to me. But if all is well I’ll definitely swing by. Always a good time with the boys. Be well everyone.
Old 03-24-2020, 12:32 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Re: 6th Annual Trout opener in honor of Frankie 4/11

We’re gona have to keep our distance from eachother at this one fellas. I’m sure we can still have a great time while keeping safe and catching fish. I’ll have the fire going by 7 am. Pot of percolated coffee will be on the tailgate of my truck. Look forward to seeing everyone and hopefully we can pull this off! YEA BUDDY!!!
Old 03-26-2020, 08:19 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

No passing the bottle this year. BYOB
Old 03-30-2020, 03:44 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Exclamation Re: 6th Annual Trout opener in honor of Frankie 4/11

Starting April 1st (Wednesday), trout stocked waters will be open on a C&R basis only until 4/11 which is to be the normal opener. Also, the Division will suspend in-season stocking day closures. Rivers will still be stocked, but randomly and not, for example, only on Fridays for the Musky (Tuesday for the SBR, etc.). This will help keep truck chasers and the 5pm crew on stocking days from crowding the rivers and parking lots.
Old 03-30-2020, 04:33 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Andy S. = April Fool