NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

More Bucktailing Tips - Page 5 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 06-19-2009, 12:02 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Advic on BuckTailing For Fluke Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life's A Beach
Gottog doesn't use anything over 2oz and loves chartreuse and I don't use anything UNDER 3oz and love white; and we BOTH catch fish. It's not hard and fast........that's why they make lures/jigs in every color.
Well I try not to ever use them over 2ozs. Sometimes ya do and just gotta go with the flow, or drift in this case

So far this season I've been struggling with the bucktail. Too many times I had to go from 3/4oz and up it to 1.5oz

Tsunami split-tails work great as a teaser. I use the samll ones as that's closer to most of the forage in the bay early on. Outside or when larger baitfish around, the larger will work very well. Also when the peanuts show, it's the only time I'll use paddle tails instead of splittails.