NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Pre-fall football - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 09-09-2023, 02:02 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Pre-fall football

Been on the hunt lately here & there. This heat is for the birds! Trying to be productive and stay cool is quite a task but the pros & cons just go hand in hand. Mainly focusing on staying cool while on the hunt, i had to stay off the dirty river. Drives me crazy i can't get in there when i'm melting. Stayed to more sweeter water and kept it cool while tossing lures around. These fish were from different days out, some hot & sunny, some windy af & rough to be out. Caught 2 white perch on a new animated lure i got from my buddy, thing's pretty cool. Hoping to see a biggun on it sometime. Besides by-catches & any smaller guys in the mix, here's some pics from 2lbers - 4+lbers. Was throwing some big lures at times and wound up 2 seperate times with a swing & a miss on 2 bigguns! Aahhggg! I have recently found some super reliable (strong) hooks that i'm diggin. Bass Cave Tackle has some strong reliable hooks ands jigs that won't bend out on you when that big girl does bite! Right outta Hopatcong evidentely so i thought that was even better, check em' out! https://basscavetackle.com/

Old 09-10-2023, 10:54 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Pre-fall football

Beautiful smallmouths. Some dark fish, think that's the murky water you're referring to or hanging in deep pools. I've been catching some smallmouth from a lake that's crystal clear and they are noticeably lighter than the trophies you caught! Awesome job!
Old 09-10-2023, 04:11 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Great report and thanks for sharing ! A 4lb. smallmouth is a trophy anywhere !
Old 09-12-2023, 09:23 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Thanks guys, was a blast landing these girls. Bill, it was such a task to get each of these to bite. Most came from 10 fow and had to angle out a bit to trigger them. Biggest one ran 4˝lbs @21˝inches. Was at Clove Acres Lake yesterday and only hooked up one small largie, seen bigger ones jumping further out but just couldn't get to them.