NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Officially a boat owner! - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 12-05-2020, 05:57 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Officially a boat owner!

Bitter sweet and the end of an era. My inflatable was great to me and always put me on the fish, but it was time for a change. My son was born back in august and I really needed to think about going out on the river in an inflatable rig, especially in the winter. I was always safe and wore my life jacket but had to go through some nasty stuff sometimes to get to the fish. As we all know accidents happen and I probably pushed the envelope more than I should at times. I enjoy fishing alone at times but I am really looking forward to being able to share fishing experiences with fellow anglers aboard. Here’s to seeing you guys out on the water!!

Old 12-05-2020, 06:53 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Officially a boat owner!

wow! congrats on the upgrade, but that inflatable setup looks sick too. Caught all those muskies off that!? epic
Old 12-05-2020, 07:51 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmyorke1 View Post
wow! congrats on the upgrade, but that inflatable setup looks sick too. Caught all those muskies off that!? epic
Yea that inflatable is super stable I stood and casted for muskies all day on that thing. Plus I could hold a pole with a Muskie in one hand and that giant net in the other. Pretty sure I can tight rope walk now with my balance lol That little boat would take me miles upstream through fast water with that 6 horse Yamaha too!!
Old 12-05-2020, 08:37 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondhopper8 View Post
Yea that inflatable is super stable I stood and casted for muskies all day on that thing. Plus I could hold a pole with a Muskie in one hand and that giant net in the other. Pretty sure I can tight rope walk now with my balance lol That little boat would take me miles upstream through fast water with that 6 horse Yamaha too!!
yeeeehaw! hmm what will the first fish be on the new boat ? PB MOOSKI?
Old 12-06-2020, 02:42 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Nice new ride that should serve you well.. Do you have a name for it yet, i hope you still have the other inflatable rig you still might need that one for a more stealthy approach. The tin boats tend to be a bit loud when moving around in them and they can beat the hell out of you in choppy water. I had a 16' flat bottom bass boat with a 35 hp so i know how those things ride they are great for fishing skinny water but can be a handful on a big choppy lake.
Old 12-06-2020, 03:18 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Wow that is quite the upgrade, congrats man. Those muskies better look out
Old 12-06-2020, 03:23 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Officially a boat owner!

That’s awesome! Congrats man! You’ll be all over the place in that vessel! Sweet ride!
Old 12-06-2020, 09:43 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Congratulations! That's a beautiful new ride! I think the float tube set up was pretty awesome. There's something to be said for having a ride thats that portable. I like that you've got the outboard on it. Would love to put one on my canoe but don't think its super feasible

I wish you the best of luck with the new boat and many musky in it!
Old 12-07-2020, 11:40 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebadger View Post
Nice new ride that should serve you well.. Do you have a name for it yet, i hope you still have the other inflatable rig you still might need that one for a more stealthy approach. The tin boats tend to be a bit loud when moving around in them and they can beat the hell out of you in choppy water. I had a 16' flat bottom bass boat with a 35 hp so i know how those things ride they are great for fishing skinny water but can be a handful on a big choppy lake.
No name yet, I’m looking to get rid of the inflatable and put that money down on the new boat bill lol. I wish I could keep it but my garage is a lot tighter now. I hear ya about the big choppy lakes but I’ll just pick my days and watch the wind or else wear a mouthpiece for the ride back to the ramp 😂
Old 12-07-2020, 11:40 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Thanx gentleman!!! Looking forward to get some slime on it soon!