NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Walleye limit, HUGE Carp, Tog limit! Hello Fall! 11/20-21 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 11-21-2021, 06:25 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Walleye limit, HUGE Carp, Tog limit! Hello Fall! 11/20-21

Started off on the Walleye grounds Saturday morning and wasn’t sure what to expect with the giant Beaver moon. Got my stuff together and set up and hit the first spot. Spot 1 yielded a few big Perch and Fallfish. Hmmmmm, Is this what I’m in for all day? No, no! Here comes a Walleye, then another, and another! Bite slows and there mostly small fish with a keeper here and there. At the end of my drift I get smacked. WTF? It’s a Carp. It’s a rather large Carp. Battle went on for a solid 20 minutes on the St. Croix Walleye ultra lite and somehow I got the BEAST to the net. 30 lbs. maybe? I don’t know, I’m not a pro but did grow up fishing for them in my backyard. All I know is the fight was ridiculous. I was in awe of this fish and needed a pic for sure. During the selfie session the fish wiggled and my hand slipped into its gills. I apologize for this! Should’ve had my
Fish handling gloves on the boat. Noted for next time. Big Carp swam away like nothing happened. Head back to my spot to restart the drift. Pick up an Eye here and there and at the end of the drift, here we go again, another Beast of a Carp! Got another one in and I don’t know how. This time I kept the fish in the water and kindly unhooked it. Thank you for the awesome fight! Restart the drift again, same story! Couple Walleye, keepers and shorts. At this point I’m up to 10 Walleye. 4 were keepers with 6 shorts. Hook another Carp at the end of the drift and rip the line sideways as I don’t want to fight a fish with gear that might explode. Fun but sketchy on the Walleye gear. Fun Saturday all around with an interesting mixed bag.

Sunday Funday on the Salt. Armed myself with 3 dozen Greenies and a dream. Action was great at slack and then there was a lull as the brigade was coming in from Striper fishing. Easy to tell by what was rigged on the rods. Anyway. Get one skinny keeper right off the bat at 15, released. Short action resumes and then all hell breaks out around 1:45 PM. Crunch, Crunch, here comes a 15.25 to my hand, kept it, I’m hungry and let 3 go on my last trip. Crunch again, keeper around 16, released. Holy moly! Bang and drag, set the hook. This ones in some shit so I run down and get it out, another 16ish fish! Kept it. 2 in the box and I’m happy with that but still have Crabs left. Take a couple more drops with a short here and a short there and another brigade of boats comes in. I let em’ pass and let the water settle down and quarter up my last couple baits. Ok, let’s go, crunch, crunch, crunch, crunch, WHACK! It’s another keeper and it’s a Tog limit standing on dry land. Don’t know if this happens often these days but it did today. I’m so ready to jump on a Blackfish charter. Who’s got room? What a day and and some sick action all around. TIGHT LINEZ!!!

Last edited by FASTEDDIE29; 11-21-2021 at 06:35 PM..
Old 11-21-2021, 07:47 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Walleye limit, HUGE Carp, Tog limit! Hello Fall! 11/20-21

Let there be blood... nice togs eddie. I'm jealous!
Old 11-22-2021, 06:36 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Walleye limit, HUGE Carp, Tog limit! Hello Fall! 11/20-21

Hello fall, soon to be winter !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11214124_10204493341796890_1178921640749471208_n.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	154744  
Old 11-22-2021, 06:46 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

What a weekend. Sounds like you are dialed in . Way to get it done.
Old 11-22-2021, 08:04 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

carp eating bladebaits? Nice walleye and Togsss
Old 11-22-2021, 11:50 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

freaking dude cleans the spot out while i'm saltwater fishing! they don't call you FASTeddie for nothing! ....but did you catch a quillback!? no? I did HAHAHA

slayfest brother! keep it going!
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54
Old 11-22-2021, 02:08 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Solid day Eddie!! Nice to see you out there!