NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Prospertown Friday cloudy with wind. - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 04-19-2024, 01:08 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Prospertown Friday cloudy with wind.

Got to Prospertown around 6 am. Lot was empty. Got out of the truck and saw the Bald Eagle watching me from a tree by the outfall pipe. Tried to take a picture but it came out too dark. He flew out over the lake when I started my walk up the dam. Got to my spot and set up. A light breeze blew in my face as I waited for a bite. The overcast blocked out the sun on and off throughout the morning. Hooked and lost a small Trout on a mousetail. Got one on powerbait. Had a couple run offs on the mousetail neither coming tight. The wind was forming small waves that you could hear lapping at the shore. Saw an Osprey with a fish flying over the dam. Got another Trout on the mousetail. With the breeze I had to Keep my hands in my pockets. Fished a nymph to no avail. The sun broke out of the clouds for a while and warmed me up a little. Got another Trout on the mousetail. Finished the morning off with a small crappie. Back home at 10:30.
The fish were not as aggressive today . Maybe the barometer threw them off. Rainbow powerbait and chartreuse/orange mousetails were the ticket. Thinking about upsizing the mosquito hook to a 6. Overall another great day.