NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

State parks reopen Saturday May 2nd.: - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 04-30-2020, 12:57 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: State parks reopen Saturday May 2nd.:

apparently they were going to open up just the golf courses but realized the firestorm that would have created
Old 04-30-2020, 01:05 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: State parks reopen Saturday May 2nd.:

This is a very touchy situation. Unfortunately I know quite a few people that passed away from this virus. The most recent was a 30 year old female friend of mine who was in perfect health. Heartbreaking! Whatever you chose to do please be safe and stay away from people. The northeastern corridor is super infected with this virus while sussex county has minimal cases. It’s a sucky situation. “We the People”, are the only ones that can fix it. We should’ve did a 100% quarantine back when all this came to be. Who knows what the future brings. I really can’t wait to watch the kid and his team play baseball again. I miss normalcy! Be safe guys! TIGHT LINEZ!!!
Old 05-01-2020, 09:06 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

The stream of cars coming west on rte 80 and 78 from NY is not going to be good. Parks will be inundated with people and garbage this weekend and in 10-14 days we will see another spike in the hospitals. On the too soon band wagon as well. Have lost a few friends and my wife is an RN in the hospital. Anyone who thinks this is a good idea just needs to visit the local hospital.

"Life is good.
Eternal life is better
."

<>< <>< <><
Old 05-01-2020, 11:21 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hunter View Post
The stream of cars coming west on rte 80 and 78 from NY is not going to be good. Parks will be inundated with people and garbage this weekend and in 10-14 days we will see another spike in the hospitals. On the too soon band wagon as well. Have lost a few friends and my wife is an RN in the hospital. Anyone who thinks this is a good idea just needs to visit the local hospital.
Went to the store last and shopped for the next 2 weeks, will just have to do a run to the butcher for meat. Trying not to go into a crowded store for the next few weeks after this weekends mayhem. It'll flair and we'll be back in lockdown until July 4th. I also have a friend that's an RN in EO, it's a MESS down there. And that mess will come west this weekend.
Old 05-01-2020, 12:34 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
I don’t trust society to do that on a good day, let alone with what’s been going on.
I'm with you, I don't trust the public either, but I also know how to behave personally. We'll be out hiking, and will maintain way more than 6ft distance from anyone. If the parking lot is even slightly full, we'll be turning around. Also planning on getting there around 7am to avoid crowds and get a decent hike in. We know the risks and aren't willing to take a big one, but also need to get out and enjoy some fresh air and scenery.

I do understand what you're saying though, there are plenty of people who dont have this mindset and it's upsetting. The bigger, more often used parks are going to get slammed, but hoping the one we are planning to go to isn't in that group.
Old 05-01-2020, 03:17 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

They should have started with parks being open 6-10 am and then again 4-8 pm to see how people behaved and to limit travel from far away.
Old 05-01-2020, 07:32 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

As state and county parks and golf courses prepare to reopen Saturday morning in New Jersey during the coronavirus pandemic, Gov. Phil Murphy stressed that police and officials will be watching closely.

If things go poorly, Murphy said, he won’t hesitate to close them down again. But if they go well, he said, that could lead to other restrictions being lifted.

Sigh

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/...rphy-says.html
Old 05-01-2020, 11:58 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Of course our governor stated in his briefing the other day the parks will open up this Saturday but dont let a few knuckleheads as he said ruin it cause he won't hesitate to shut them down again. WTF does he think is going to happen this weekend we have been all quarantined for 50+ days this weekend is going to be beautiful people are just itching to get out especially parents with multiple children I hope ot goes well but I think its gonna be a straight shitshow for our state
Old 05-02-2020, 07:22 AM
NJFishing.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merle31483 View Post
Of course our governor stated in his briefing the other day the parks will open up this Saturday but dont let a few knuckleheads as he said ruin it cause he won't hesitate to shut them down again. WTF does he think is going to happen this weekend we have been all quarantined for 50+ days this weekend is going to be beautiful people are just itching to get out especially parents with multiple children I hope ot goes well but I think its gonna be a straight shitshow for our state
I agree, I give a week then they will be shutdown again, Just can't fix stupid.
Old 05-02-2020, 08:28 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I agree it is way to soon to open. We are in a war situation. If there were snipers out there killing 300-400 people a day, everyone would be happy to stay down. All I can say is use common sense. Stay 20 feet from everyone else and Wash Wash Wash. Good luck all. stay safe. The fish will still be here when safe