NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

greenwood lake/splitrock report - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 02-06-2018, 07:59 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default greenwood lake/splitrock report

a friend and i tried to go get on greenwood lake this morning and was greeted by open water about 50 yards of it by the dam. we then tried the new york end of the lake and found about 45 to 60 yards of ice then open water in the middle so we said the hell with this and had to go to plan B splitrock. we got there and went out to the big island to find some perch and some smb or lmb.the ice was 7.5" to 8" we drilled holes and hoped for the best we caught 12 perch from 9" to12" and 5 slime darts from 14" to 18". the action was a little slow. we fished in 22 to 14 fow. we marked fish on the FL20 but they did not want to play too nice. most fish were caught on tip ups, but i did get two small perch on a jiggin rap and i had a slime dart break me off at the hole that's why i HATE those things. we also had to clean up some garbage in the parking area that some a-hole left behind.we had a bald eagle pay us a visit as well he hung around for a while then left. i just love that place.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180206_162647.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	120540   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180206_172640.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	120541  

Last edited by icebadger; 02-06-2018 at 10:27 PM..
Old 02-07-2018, 07:15 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: greenwood lake/splitrock report

nice work Badger,good eats
Old 02-07-2018, 08:22 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Nice perch you got there. Thank you for picking up the trash in the lot, I always do a quick pickup there as well One of my favorite places in the state.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:37 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Awesome Ice badger.
I went there earlier this yr and got the skunk. The island is where the action is it appears. How long of a walk is it from the launch to the island? We guestimated 30 mins easy and just decided to hit the opposite shoreline from the rocky launch area.
We love that place on yaks in the summer. Would like to give it another try on hard water with some guidance.
Old 02-07-2018, 09:33 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: greenwood lake/splitrock report

Thanks for cleaning up the parking lot ! I know a lot of teens go back there and party and trash the place. I clean the parking lot every time I visit the rock now. Thanx for the report, and photos !
Old 02-07-2018, 10:18 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebadger View Post
a friend and i tried to go get on greenwood lake this morning and was greeted by open water about 50 yards of it by the dam. we then tried the new york end of the lake and found about 45 to 60 yards of ice then open water in the middle so we said the hell with this and had to go to plan B splitrock. we got there and went out to the big island to find some perch and some smb or lmb.the ice was 7.5" to 8" we drilled holes and hoped for the best we caught 12 perch from 9" to12" and 5 slime darts from 14" to 18". the action was a little slow. we fished in 22 to 14 fow. we marked fish on the FL20 but they did not want to play too nice. most fish were caught on tip ups, but i did get two small perch on a jiggin rap and i had a slime dart break me off at the hole that's why i HATE those things. we also had to clean up some garbage in the parking area that some a-hole left behind.we had a bald eagle pay us a visit as well he hung around for a while then left. i just love that place.
Thanks for cleaning up, I had to do the same at Budd Lake last weekend. I also saw a bald eagle flying around the open water at Budd Lake. Pretty cool sight!