NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Maine recommendations - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Non Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Non Fishing Use this board to post non fishing related information. The same rules apply here as the other boards. Behave or your post will be removed along with your posting priviledges.

Old 05-24-2017, 01:00 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Maine recommendations

I was looking to book a 3 or 4 day vacation in Maine in August this Summer. We've never stayed there before and maybe someone can recommend a good place for us to stay . Thanks in advance
Old 05-24-2017, 03:47 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Maine recommendations

We took our first trip to Maine a couple of years ago to go to Acadia National Park. Absolutely beautiful and I highly recommend it. We stayed in South West Harbor which is away from the busy side of the park and Bar Harbor. Easy to drive in and out and around the park though. Great food and drink around as well. There is an endless array of places to stay from camping to cottages to B&B's, hotels etc. We stayed at a place called The Moorings Inn right on the water and really enjoyed it. They even have power and sail boats you can rent with or without a captain which we did and that is also something I recommend. It's a long drive from NJ but worth the trip. We stopped on the way back and spent a night in Newburyport MASS on the Merrimack River. Awesome little town if you want to split up the drive. And great Striper fishing if you are so inclined. We did a full day trip and it was great. I'll PM you the guide if you want it. Not sure what their season is though.

Hope that helps...PM me if you have any questions.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:21 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

This is a huge help. Thank You
Old 05-24-2017, 06:44 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

No problem...if you decide to go to that area of Maine let me know and I can PM you all of the places and things we did and liked. Like the Atlantic brewing Company free tour that has a BBQ joint as it's restaurant. Nice break from the awesome Lobster rolls you will find everywhere. TAAASSSSTYYYY Indeed.

By the way always loved that pic of your dog. Love those rotties.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:09 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I will for sure. We were looking at Kennebunkport originally. This seems a little more interesting to me.
Old 05-25-2017, 02:58 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I will second the Bar Harbor recommendation. I have been 3 times with my wife and family and will be going again on June 24th. Found this hidden gem last year and that is where we are staying this year again. Pet friendly and located 3 miles from town and borders Acadia. Hiking and biking right from the front door. Town is awesome. SOOOO much to do, from art venues, street music, awesome ice cream and Blueberry everything!! Happy to share more if you need anything.

http://ryanestaterentals.com/

"Life is good.
Eternal life is better
."

<>< <>< <><
Old 06-13-2017, 03:35 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Smile Re: Maine recommendations

Bar Harbor is awesome, make sure you do the lobster boat trip on the Lulu. 2 hours of education about lobstering and they take you by the rocks to see some seals. Thirst Whale has some great food as well. August is blueberry season up there, be sure to visit the retardant in Acadia for their fresh blueberry scones.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:50 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Booth bay is a great area with lots to do as well. And it's a little closer than bar harbor. You can also hit up reds for their famous lobster rolls on the way. Just leave some extra time cause coastal route 1 is mostly a single lane and traffic can be brutal.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:35 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Black flies and mosquitos in August can be debilitating. Bring netting if you intend to fish freshwater.