NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Newark water Shed - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 09-11-2015, 12:18 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Newark water Shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaskgrosvenor View Post
No, but I caught a decent medium sized large mouth at Branch Brook Park in Newark with a weedless spoon and little trailer grub. A little one jumped in the air and wiggled off the rooster tail. A few interesting looking characters with pit bulls told me I looked like I was a long way from home. Nice park.
I had a similar experience fishing in Weequahic Park/Lake about ten years ago when I had just moved to Cranford/Union County and had no idea where to fish. A friend was visiting and wanted to go fishing so I took him to the only body of water I knew of nearby...the lake off rt. 22 that I saw every day during my bus commute to the city. We received a lot of interesting comments and saw lots of shady dealings, but did manage to hook one nice sized catfish.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:16 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggs456 View Post
Agreed, It was sunny and very hot that day. I like the over cast and cool temps.
Lately it seems that every time i hit up one of the sheds, its sunny as all hell and 0 wind... lately that is.. but i still manage to get them... you just gotta know where they will be, or make a good guess lol.. good luck!
Old 09-18-2015, 04:39 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

A lot of pressure on those reservoirs. Try using a fluorocarbon leader if you are not already doing so. The deeper water tip was spot on just make sure that the fish are handled properly & vented if needed...have seen way too many bloaters & floaters this year & have saved many fish that would have been turtle food
Old 09-18-2015, 05:42 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Love the pic of the climate control activists waving their Shell Oil Skull and Cross Bone Flags while floating around in their "PETROLEUM BASED PLASTIC KAYAKS!!!

Not pro or con on the subject...Just Sayin'.