NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Cormorants - Page 5 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 08:29 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Cormorants

Speaking of animal control...I think cougars should be re-introduced to cull the deer herds. Damn things are everywhere. Oh wait cougars sneak up on you, attack from behind and grab your neck. Check that. Lets have year round hunting. Good idea!
Old 04-28-2014, 09:54 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzbaiter View Post
Speaking of animal control...I think cougars should be re-introduced to cull the deer herds. Damn things are everywhere. Oh wait cougars sneak up on you, attack from behind and grab your neck. Check that. Lets have year round hunting. Good idea!
down the shore, I have an increasing number of anglers that would love a year round season on otters...

Rob
Old 04-28-2014, 10:44 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Only saw one Cormorant Sunday at Prospertown .
Old 04-28-2014, 11:06 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATH1089 View Post
You have posted no evidence whatsoever of any of this occurring in New Jersey. Which, again, is what this entire forum is dedicated to. A species that destroys one ecosystem can have no effect whatsoever on another. New Jersey and Ohio are not the same place. Do you know how to read a map? When New Jersey has done a (preferably independent, but I will settle for a government one) study on the effects of your (incorrectly) labeled 'invasive species,' then I will make a judgement call. Until then, you have absolutely nothing to complain about, because your claims are baseless.

Show me the New Jersey ponds devoid of fish because the cormorants have eaten them all. Show me the tons of rotted vegetation. Show me the cormorants out-competing all of the local fish-eating birds. Oh, wait. You cannot.
Well at least your better at geography than you are at proving your point. Jersey is not Ohio. Good job. You're right I haven't posted anything directly about NJ. I didn't feel that was necessary since so many others had already posted it. Have you even read all the posts? DENLON "Denny" posted he's been fishing over 60 years and never saw them until now and in large numbers. TOGHEAD also posted he had been fishing on his lake for over 20 years and until now he had not seen any and now has 20 of them on his lake. ALMAINK points out Colonial Lake in Lawrenceville has been taken over. I guess all these people are liars then right? I guess the study in Ohio is all a big scam since it was done by our gov't? (I'm guessing you have trust issues with them based on your whole "I prefer an independent study, but I will settle for a government one" comment.)

You made the comment that my claims are baseless? I have posted the link to the Ohio study to show what these birds can and will do if their numbers continue to increase. Baseless? Really? The other comment "Show me the cormorants out-competing all of the local fish-eating birds. Oh, wait. You cannot" Well I can actually, that Ohio study you claim you are so "aware of" also shows how can Cormorants have displaced species of birds such as black-crowned night-herons, egrets, great blue herons,gulls etc. It's all in that study.

So ATH1089 we don't need to do a NJ study. I thinking asking the people of this great state to buck up hundreds of thousands of tax dollars (probably more like well over a million) to do a study on something that has already been done is just crazy and irresponsible. However, I guess you rather wait until thousands of Cormorants at our lakes like the lakes in SC. (As posted by NJ219bands) They killed over 11,000 birds! Why that many? It's because like Ohio they didn't control the populations of these birds until it was too late. We don't need a study we just need to be proactive.

You may think you know what you are talking about be you clearly don't. I get it though you're a young college student who thinks he has all the answers. (I probably was the same way) Most of us on here having been fishing long before you were even born. So I think you should really listen to what many have posted on here about how they are increasing in numbers and becoming a real problem. If you want to prove we are all wrong and that they have always been here and it's just angler problem. Please post any link(s) that shows your point of they have always been in NJ. Otherwise, hit the books and maybe do a paper on it.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:38 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassload View Post
Well at least your better at geography than you are at proving your point. Jersey is not Ohio. Good job. You're right I haven't posted anything directly about NJ. I didn't feel that was necessary since so many others had already posted it. Have you even read all the posts? DENLON "Denny" posted he's been fishing over 60 years and never saw them until now and in large numbers. TOGHEAD also posted he had been fishing on his lake for over 20 years and until now he had not seen any and now has 20 of them on his lake. ALMAINK points out Colonial Lake in Lawrenceville has been taken over. I guess all these people are liars then right? I guess the study in Ohio is all a big scam since it was done by our gov't? (I'm guessing you have trust issues with them based on your whole "I prefer an independent study, but I will settle for a government one" comment.)

You made the comment that my claims are baseless? I have posted the link to the Ohio study to show what these birds can and will do if their numbers continue to increase. Baseless? Really? The other comment "Show me the cormorants out-competing all of the local fish-eating birds. Oh, wait. You cannot" Well I can actually, that Ohio study you claim you are so "aware of" also shows how can Cormorants have displaced species of birds such as black-crowned night-herons, egrets, great blue herons,gulls etc. It's all in that study.

So ATH1089 we don't need to do a NJ study. I thinking asking the people of this great state to buck up hundreds of thousands of tax dollars (probably more like well over a million) to do a study on something that has already been done is just crazy and irresponsible. However, I guess you rather wait until thousands of Cormorants at our lakes like the lakes in SC. (As posted by NJ219bands) They killed over 11,000 birds! Why that many? It's because like Ohio they didn't control the populations of these birds until it was too late. We don't need a study we just need to be proactive.

You may think you know what you are talking about be you clearly don't. I get it though you're a young college student who thinks he has all the answers. (I probably was the same way) Most of us on here having been fishing long before you were even born. So I think you should really listen to what many have posted on here about how they are increasing in numbers and becoming a real problem. If you want to prove we are all wrong and that they have always been here and it's just angler problem. Please post any link(s) that shows your point of they have always been in NJ. Otherwise, hit the books and maybe do a paper on it.
Age=/=wisdom. I am going to assume, at this point, that are mentally challenged in some way. Unfortunately, I am not qualified to teach special education, and spewing plain facts at you is obviously having absolutely no effect. Best of luck to you; you should probably get an MRI or something.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:39 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfrod View Post
down the shore, I have an increasing number of anglers that would love a year round season on otters...
Funny you should mention that. I have lived in NJ almost all of my life (spent a little over a year out of state), and I have only ever seen one otter. And that one was dead, washed up on my beach. Where are people having issues with them?
Old 04-28-2014, 02:25 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I'm for more cougars....oh, you meant the animal..
Old 04-28-2014, 04:19 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Quote:
Age=/=wisdom. I am going to assume, at this point, that are mentally challenged in some way. Unfortunately, I am not qualified to teach special education, and spewing plain facts at you is obviously having absolutely no effect. Best of luck to you; you should probably get an MRI or something.
WOW! Shocking! All you can do now is just get angry and hurl insults at me. Sorry if your parents didn't pay attention to you or give you the love you needed. Thanks for the laughs!
Old 04-28-2014, 04:34 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
This was a great thread until ATH had to get personal. Just agree to disagree .
Old 04-28-2014, 05:06 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Pedro View Post
This was a great thread until ATH had to get personal. Just agree to disagree .
With all due respect, it was retaliatory. See the posts above mine. I have a great deal patience, but even I have a limit. Trying to explain something sixteen times to someone who does not want to listen and insists upon being insulting is it, apparently.
Closed Thread