NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Ultralight jigging in the NJ Pinelands - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 03-04-2024, 10:45 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Ultralight jigging in the NJ Pinelands

Went ultralight jigging in 55 degree Turnmill Pond this afternoon during a nor’easter before 4” rainfall this week. Caught and released a 12” gravid female yellow perch on my third cast of the day with a 1/8 oz black twister tail jig on 4 lb test line. Then caught and released 3 small pickerel on my next three casts before my double Palomar knot pulled out and I lost my only black lure. Caught and released two more small pickerel and a 13” largemouth bass on a 1/8 oz white twister tail jig. Saw a small fish 🐟 jump out of the lake. Heard music and saw someone on the fishing pier. Canada geese, mallards 🦆, crows 🐦*⬛, vultures and black birds were flying. Looks like a black lure is better than a white lure on a cloudy day.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5468.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	171128   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5464.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	171129   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5466.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	171130   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5465.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	171131  
Old 03-10-2024, 12:01 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Ultralight jigging in the NJ Pinelands

Brings back memories from 1977 when me & a friend did the devious act of loading our limit catches of pickerel from Turn Mill in December into a big cooler of cold water, then hauling the fish to Princeton Township. There we dumped the contents of the cooler into one of Princeton Day School's ponds, the one down below four other impoundments of a creek. In just a few years, that pond was loaded with pickerel.
Old 03-18-2024, 01:55 AM
NJFishing.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Litton View Post
Brings back memories from 1977 when me & a friend did the devious act of loading our limit catches of pickerel from Turn Mill in December into a big cooler of cold water, then hauling the fish to Princeton Township. There we dumped the contents of the cooler into one of Princeton Day School's ponds, the one down below four other impoundments of a creek. In just a few years, that pond was loaded with pickerel.
Bruce and nj219,

I don't want anyone's hot spot but I walk with a cane and last year could not get close enough to the water to cast at Turn Mill Pond with all the bushes. I'm hoping to try this year.
Old 03-19-2024, 12:43 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjjpdc View Post
Bruce and nj219,

I don't want anyone's hot spot but I walk with a cane and last year could not get close enough to the water to cast at Turn Mill Pond with all the bushes. I'm hoping to try this year.
You can catch fish at the boat launch and fishing pier. Colliers Mills Lake is also good. I caught nothing on my last 2 trips to Turnmill Pond.