NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

senkos vs other plastic worms - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 06-21-2012, 03:44 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: senkos vs other plastic worms

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutgersfan1
I mean, the old worms DID catch fish. But are the Senkos that much better so that I may as well just toss all my old ones ?
I still have Mr Twister and Manns plastic worms in my tacklebox that are over 25 years old. I won't throw them out, the idea of catching something on them a few decades later is too cool. Keep your old stuff, like most things in life what is old will be new again at some point.

Senkos work and are very easy to fish especially with no weights because they have heft to them. I've watched my young son nail his first couple of bass on them, so long as you fish them slow you simply can't fish them wrong.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:23 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Ah the genius of Mr. Yamamoto. Senkos strenth is it's softness,feeling good in a fishs mouth.It's weakness?softness, coming off the hook easily.Last week on the Ashokan Res. in NY i had three smallies in a row shake the worm off jumping near the boat.Wacky worms with a circle hook worked well all day.Senkos have been my go to the last few years,they work for me and they are USA made another plus.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:23 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

two of the senkos claims to fame are they fall horizontally (the time when they're most hit) and they're impregnated with salt so when the fish bites it likes the taste and doesn't spit it out before you can set the hook. I just bought a bunch of 'o' rings to use on my wacky rigged 4" black ones, I'll let you know how those work.

Last edited by tycomps; 07-08-2012 at 08:51 AM..
Old 06-22-2012, 09:12 AM
maddhatterr

If you like fishing soft plastics you have got to check out Wacky Worm in gilbert, Pa or maybe it Gilbertsville. It is in the Poconos and it has every style you can think of. It is worth the drive on a rainy day.....great shop!
Old 06-25-2012, 09:16 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

The trick to getting the best action off of a Senko worm is to lightly stetch it out. When you pull a fresh new senko worm out of the pack, gentle run your finger along and stretch the worm a little... this will loosen up the packaged stiffness of the worm and increase the wiggle action by at least 50%.......
Old 06-25-2012, 10:45 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Past few years my go to has been Yammy worms or grubs. They are definitely loaded with salt but soft. I've been saving the bitten off pieces to use on fluke rigs. Still have bags of plastics -lizards and funky worms- from BPS 20+ years ago that came in a red tin. You never what the trigger is going to be so you to have carry a variety and give the lesser used items a chance when the regular baits are not getting a sniff.