NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Heading to Lake George - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 06-15-2012, 06:14 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Heading to Lake George

I have salt in my veins - but fishing is fishing right?
Ready to break out the 4 weight flyrod and have some fun in Lake George.
Any suggestions?
Staying at the Sagamore Resort - and will have limited time to fish....
will post pics if i catch em...
Old 06-15-2012, 06:31 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Re: Heading to Lake George

When I was up there I chartered a boat and had an awesome time. Guys name was captain jeff and we caught huge lake trout and then smallies all day. I'm not a big sweetwater guy, but it was definitely one of my favorite trips. Enjoy.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:58 AM
Owner NJFishing.com

If it were me, I'd be targeting smallies... I believe the season in NY opens the 3rd Saturday in June. Lots of action and pound for pound, one of the hardest fighting and fun to catch fish.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-05-24_12-27-13_517 small.JPG
Views:	280
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	49372  

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area
Old 06-15-2012, 12:50 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Smallies everywhere up there....they hammer wacky rigged senkos, even if you drift 'em like fishing for fluke or something...I usually throw a spilt shot about 18 inches up the line...Also have done well using Kietech swimbaits and jigs up their....there is a little bait and tackle shop, right by the road the sagamore is on that can hook you up with everything you need, and a bunch of local knowledge, as well (Anne's bait and tackle, if you make a right when you get to the light on the way out of sagamore, make the next right, and she is based outta the 2nd house house, right before Norwal marina)
been going up there for years, fish right by the sagamore all the time, hit me up if you need any other info
Old 06-15-2012, 01:06 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

That guy is Jeff Johnson. Know by "JJ". How boat is rod bender charters. The best guide on the water up there.
To fly fish hit up north west bay brook. From the sag make a right up about 5-8 miles on right look for the brown nwb car top launch sign. Fish under the rt 9 bridge. Spring stockies hold in there, wild brook trout, and I also had a small stele head one year.
Or fish under the bridge on the way into the sag. Nice bass hold under that bridge.
Worst case fish the sag koi pond. Lol!
Hit up the lake sider rest. In Bolton as well as that new steak place across the street.
Going up there for over 30+ years. I'll be back up to my cabin the first week of July. Can't wait. Prob the best place for me to go and relax.
Lakers and salmon now are deep so trying with the fly would not work. Panfish on a fly should be fun!
Enjoy!!!!!
Old 06-22-2012, 02:08 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Wow, Anne's bait and tackle! That brings back memories of Paul Bunyon at Gaslight Village. Used to launch there and camp on different islands in the narrows 40+ years ago! Back then we'd pick up crayfish at Annes and start slamming smallies where the islands started rising from the lake bed. Great memories, have a blast!