NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

great weekend on the cong - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 03-29-2021, 06:03 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default great weekend on the cong

went up friday after work in that wind storm.found a nice cover that was out of the wind and started casting.it was not long before i was catching crappie,gills,perch and shiners.i guess the wind had them chewing because the bite just kept building.was not keeping any put could have had my limit pretty quick.called it quits at 7pm and headed home.was back at the lake saturday morning at 6:30 and started catching right away.first it was the shiner and gills
but soon turned into a good crappie bite.weeded thru a bunch and limited with
some great slabs by 8:30,went home and filleted them up.took care of what had to be done and headed back up at 1pm.started to spot hope all around the lake just to see were they were and what was biting.fished 9 spots and found crappie at all of them,along with the shiner,gills and some perch,allot of white perch too.did not keep anything but was glad to see the lake is ready from the north tip to the south.headed home at 7:30 with a smile.was back up sunday
at 6:30 and found the big crappie ready to go.had a good limit by 7:30 and headed home.at 1pm i called my brother who does not get around to well and
asked if he wanted to try for some crappies.he was ready and back up the lake we went.it was a good steady pick of crappie with some perch and shiner to fill in.its around 3:30 and we were getting ready to hit another spot,i said lets take "one more cast".i cast out and start working it back in when i get
hit.i set the hook and the 4lb test starts ripping of my reel.this fish is steaming all around the cove.my brother and i are laughing wondering how long the 4lb will hold up but after a 15 minute fight he netted a 15- 18lb carp
for me.talk about a strong fish and great fight.got the ooooo's and haaa's from my fellow anglers who were near and yelling supportive things like"put the pocketbook down and reel the fish in".got her unhooked and made sure she was ready for release and she took of like a shot.we fished till 6pm and headed home releasing everything.we laughed and joked all the way home about the big one that did not get away.tight lines!!
Old 03-29-2021, 07:54 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: great weekend on the cong

what an awesome weekend that carp fight sounds like a blast!
Old 03-29-2021, 12:34 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Re: great weekend on the cong

Solid action all around. Landing that Carp must’ve been nuts. Well done sir!
Old 03-30-2021, 04:17 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

way to go handsome!

Murr722@gmail.com

THE REIGNING, DEFENDING, PUT UP OR SHUT UP
CHAMPION

Put Up or Shut Up IX Prelims winner

If you don't like fish thats "fishy" eat chicken.

"theres a million fine looking women in the world dude,but they dont all buy you st. croixs for your birthday,most of them just yell at ya for fishing to much."

"Murray's Law: The uglier a fish is, the better it tastes." - Lard Almighty

LAB,always in our hearts & ears
Old 03-31-2021, 01:52 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Great to read of the catches in the wind! Thought of the lake that day. My son & I were out in one of Laurie's boats one time in wind so fierce, that as we drove home, we saw trees down all over. There were road closures & all else, but we must have fished 9 hours. I heard the wind on the lake that day you were out was 50 mph. Sounds like fun.
Old 03-31-2021, 07:11 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Sounds like a wild weekend, way to get you're brother on the bite!