NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

why?????? - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 04-08-2019, 08:43 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default why??????

maybe someone on this site can educate me on why these bass fisher peeps
think that there time is more important than mine.why they have the right away.
why i should stop fishing while they play thru.let me first say i understand that it is a public lake.i understand that the lake is not mine.sunday morning we are crappie fishing. my friend & i arrive at 6:20am to a dock in a very small cove.around 7am 2 small boats come in.one anchors on my right and one my on my left.we are all working together casting to a dock
across the cove were the crappie are stacked up and hungry.we are all catching
and shooting the breeze when here comes mr bass around 8am.this guy is going right for the dock were the crappies are.now understand he is watching us for a few minutes
and decides he is going to put his boat right were we are catching.i send a cast across his bow and he asks me if i have a problems and i said yes and that he was a big part of it.he then tries to give that"its not your lake" crap and tell him a few things that i can not say here.i for one have seen this stuff getting worse and i for one will start to let them know.i am a pretty easy going guy and only ask others to be respectful of other fisher peeps on the lake.
Old 04-08-2019, 09:38 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: why??????

No etiquette it seems. Happened to me at Carnegie lake last year. We are slow fishing the banks form the boat and then a bass tournament comes in and just blows us up. Guys on the boats actually said we shouldn't be there because of their tournament. Also at Mercer lake, same thing. I guess some people just dont care, as long as they get theirs.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:20 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

One of the reasons I do not like tournaments. The entrants think they have the right of way since they are in a tournament and on the clock. Some of those guys and not all get so pumped from tournaments they are like that even when not tournament fishing they are always in a rush. Relax fellas and enjoy the sport, but most of all be courteous.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:23 AM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunker dunker View Post
maybe someone on this site can educate me on why these bass fisher peeps
think that there time is more important than mine.why they have the right away.
why i should stop fishing while they play thru.let me first say i understand that it is a public lake.i understand that the lake is not mine.sunday morning we are crappie fishing. my friend & i arrive at 6:20am to a dock in a very small cove.around 7am 2 small boats come in.one anchors on my right and one my on my left.we are all working together casting to a dock
across the cove were the crappie are stacked up and hungry.we are all catching
and shooting the breeze when here comes mr bass around 8am.this guy is going right for the dock were the crappies are.now understand he is watching us for a few minutes
and decides he is going to put his boat right were we are catching.i send a cast across his bow and he asks me if i have a problems and i said yes and that he was a big part of it.he then tries to give that"its not your lake" crap and tell him a few things that i can not say here.i for one have seen this stuff getting worse and i for one will start to let them know.i am a pretty easy going guy and only ask others to be respectful of other fisher peeps on the lake.
Unfortunately it’s very common on the big pond nowadays. Last year I was trolling with the planner boards out and one of these bassmasters came doing about 70 mph 3 feet away from my outside board!!!! Anyone that knows you B.D and your son know your great peeps and we’ll respected on the. If pond keep doing your thing man,
Rvta member
Knee Deep member
Mike K Guide Service (owner)
https://www.facebook.com/MikeKGuideService/
(908 642-5423

Last edited by Mikey topaz; 04-08-2019 at 12:37 PM..
Old 04-08-2019, 10:37 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

i guess but the older i get the less i can take "stupid".i'm all for sharing.hell,i give you the lure i'm catching on if you ask but please don't Sh$t on my fishing time.
thanks for letting me vent.
Old 04-08-2019, 12:57 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

bounce a 3/4 jig off the fiberglass next time...that will get his attention...
Old 04-08-2019, 06:01 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

you know all to well that they will stop at nothing to get their fish for the scales but that does not mean that you throw your manners out the window so to speak.. we should be respectful of each other, there is only small places we are getting the crappies now and they can catch bass in a lot more places on the cong. it is the largest man made lake in the state cant we all just get along nicely no reason to park your boat on top of the fish that you were catching and have an attitude about it when asked "do you really have to park your boat in between two boats where we are fishing" welcome to the cong googan season is off to an early start this year. the day before we were catching with people around us no problem we all got along just fine.
Old 04-09-2019, 07:37 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

i get it,i just have a hard time with A&&holes.i feel bad that peeps have to act that way.if that bh would have asked i could have explained why instead of having to send my bobber at his head at 90mph.there are many good spots on the lake to catch but you have to get up early.sunday strolling down the center of the cove and trying to push us early birds out will never never do.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:34 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thus the term "B@sshole"

Murr722@gmail.com

THE REIGNING, DEFENDING, PUT UP OR SHUT UP
CHAMPION

Put Up or Shut Up IX Prelims winner

If you don't like fish thats "fishy" eat chicken.

"theres a million fine looking women in the world dude,but they dont all buy you st. croixs for your birthday,most of them just yell at ya for fishing to much."

"Murray's Law: The uglier a fish is, the better it tastes." - Lard Almighty

LAB,always in our hearts & ears
Old 04-10-2019, 08:27 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Any one pulling that schitt deserves what they are due. I personally avoid guys anchored up as they were there first and go find another spot. They probably own a sailboat as well . Welcome to fishing NJ