NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Trout Fishing Techniques? - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 03-06-2019, 07:00 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Re: Trout Fishing Techniques?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookmanski View Post
Ebay, trout-a-control. You're welcome
is this a minnow hard bait or a spoon? looked it up on ebay and those two came up. just looking for the clarification
Old 03-07-2019, 07:05 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Going to try Pistol Petes with the Bubble this year. probably later in the season

Search Ebay or Cabela's

Last edited by Ike8120; 03-07-2019 at 07:08 PM..
Old 03-08-2019, 09:35 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLoughney View Post
is this a minnow hard bait or a spoon? looked it up on ebay and those two came up. just looking for the clarification
I also fish with Trout-A-Control lures. I like the Ranger and so do the trout! Nice thing about the lures is that they come with 2 single hooks which makes releasing easier. Haven't had any issues with hook ups.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:39 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by akoop View Post
I also fish with Trout-A-Control lures. I like the Ranger and so do the trout! Nice thing about the lures is that they come with 2 single hooks which makes releasing easier. Haven't had any issues with hook ups.
What he said! They make spoons as well but I love the ranger. Caught a gorgeous brook trout on one the first time I ever used one. The guy who owns the company is a stand up guy, last time I bought 2 he threw in an extra one for free. They're beautiful lures too!
Old 03-08-2019, 09:43 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookmanski View Post
What he said! They make spoons as well but I love the ranger. Caught a gorgeous brook trout on one the first time I ever used one. The guy who owns the company is a stand up guy, last time I bought 2 he threw in an extra one for free. They're beautiful lures too!
I stumbled upon them on Instagram and started a conversation with him. He asked me for my address and shipped me a few lures for free to test. I was shocked, that doesn't happen to often. Since then I purchased a few more and have been very happy with them.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:56 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterfish View Post
To be honest, stocked trout will bite literally anything. They are raised in hatcheries and fed with pellets.
A not-so-secret lure for stocked trout is a piece of tan/brown foam rubber about the size and shape of a pellet of Purina trout chow.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:43 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by akoop View Post
I stumbled upon them on Instagram and started a conversation with him. He asked me for my address and shipped me a few lures for free to test. I was shocked, that doesn't happen to often. Since then I purchased a few more and have been very happy with them.
Yeah he's great, gave him feedback via instagram and had some good conversation. Love a company that truly backs their products and will go the extra mile.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:37 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike8120 View Post
Going to try Pistol Petes with the Bubble this year. probably later in the season

Search Ebay or Cabela's
Forget the bubble get yourself a glass fly rod off ebay. They're a blast! Work good for stream smallies too.
Old 03-12-2019, 11:32 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

For spin fishing in streams or lakes it's spinners (Vibrax, Rooster Tail, Panther Martin) and small spoons (Little Cleo, Kastmaster, Warrior, Phoebe) and sometimes a small Rapala or Binsky. In streams I also dunk worms, salmon eggs and various Power Baits on a line with a split shot about 2 - 3 feet from the hook. This is all done on UL tackle.

Flyfishing I mostly throw nymphs on a sinking tip line such as Gold Ribbed Hares Ear and Pheasant Tail and Prince. Also Wooley Buggers (black or olive, beadhead and plain), Muddler Minnows and Grey Ghost streamers. I rarely use dry flies, but will tie on terrestrials on a floating linewhen the water warms up.