NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

7/24/2012 -- Clark Reservoir - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 07-25-2012, 09:39 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default 7/24/2012 -- Clark Reservoir

Hit the Clark Reservoir last night from 7-9PM. The fishing there has been SLOOOOOOWWWW to say the least with the occasional dink bass, and the water has turned a putrid green color with all types of ish floating and suspended in the water column. But the show must go on! So I started off throwing a 1/4 white spinnerbait with nothing to show for it for the 1st hour or so. As light began to diminish I oddly switched over to a 5-inch senko, weightless, on a worm hook--not my normal go-to lure with diminishing light, but I said screw it... Let's switch things up.

Sure enough, 3rd cast a bit offshore of some structure, I feel the "bump bump"... Reel down and slam the hook home. Short fight and land a fish approx 1.5 lbs. Cool... Finally something better in my honey hole. Quick pic and a release. A few casts later, directly in front of me, same thing--"bump bump"...I feel the fish swimming away from me and chewing on the senko. Reel down, slam the hook home... This time she's taking some line. Stays down, no jumps...rippin' some drag. Short fight later and land her... Quick pic, a revive and a splash in the face! Approx 2.5+ lbs. I left shortly after , satiated and smiling.

The fishing there, as stated, has been unbearably slow. The heat wave and pea soup green water seem to have suppressed the bite into an epic lull. Continued efforts proved that they have to eat at some point! I'm having some Droid issues right now with my phone but I'll post pics when I get them resolved.

Catch em' up!
Old 07-25-2012, 09:54 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Re: 7/24/2012 -- Clark Reservoir

The pea soup over there has kept me away the last few weeks. You know it's bad when you can see it from the Parkway. Glad to see there is still a little something going on in there. Fall can't come fast enough for me.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:05 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Here's the pics. One is a bit dark as I propped my phone up on a rock and snapped a reverse shot. Apparently there's no flash when you do this with some Droids.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lmb_07242012_1.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	51267   Click image for larger version

Name:	lmb_07242012_2.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	51268  
Old 07-25-2012, 01:21 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: 7/24/2012 -- Clark Reservoir

Nice fish dude!!! We need some rain to clear out all that slime. Alot of rain.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:37 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Ya mite wanna try the rahway river from the parkway down thru winfield,no slime and plenty of fish.Senkos next to any fallin tree has been a winner everytime.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:34 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Shucker,

I usually hit those areas during the trout stockings on occasion. I've never really targeted bass in those spots. Thanks for the tip!