NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

South branch rr 4/24 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 04-24-2013, 04:53 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default South branch rr 4/24

Hit the river this morning with my dad and it was finally a nice spring day! Winds were light the sun was bright, water clarity perfect, water levels a little low with very little current. We fished a deep hole that we have been fishing for years, but this year it hasn't produced that well! Started with a spinner and went about 30 minutes with out a touch, made a switch to bait due to fact my dad had two already. We managed to pick away with bait missing a few very light hits and wound up with 9 for lunch in two and half hours of fishing! By far this was the most productive trip of the year sad to say for us! All fish cookie cutter stocked fish 12 to 14 inches! Hope this all good sings to what to expect in the next few weeks!
Old 04-24-2013, 08:30 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: South branch rr 4/24

By far this was the most productive trip of the year sad to say for us!

.........and 5 more weeks of stocking trout !
Old 04-24-2013, 10:14 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: South branch rr 4/24

It is nice to have 5 more weeks of stocking but I don't think it's the number of trout there I think it has just been the poor weather conditions! I may be wrong I don't do a lot of freshwater fishing other then trout but they have stocked a lot of fish in there and I haven't seen many come out