NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

4/19 AM Passaic then Musky from 5 PM - 6:15 PM; 4/20 AM @ Seely's - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 04-22-2013, 12:29 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default 4/19 AM Passaic then Musky from 5 PM - 6:15 PM; 4/20 AM @ Seely's

Took a mental health day on Friday 4/19. Hit the Passaic looking for a toothy critter but struck out! Threw all of my pike go-tos for NADA. Some days its chicken, some days its feathers!

Later that day I met up with a buddy on the Musky and waited in our spots for the 5 o'clock whistle and commenced fishing. I wound up with 10 cookie cutter rainbows on butters and rooster tails. Kept four for the smoker.

4/20 I hit Seely's Pond. Wasn't looking to travel far and wanted to see if I could re-live last June's 6 lb brown encounter. The area along the road was pretty tight with bait and waiters--none of which seemed to be catching. I plopped my ass on the top of one of the spillway columns and started tossing a CD-3 in UV green/fire tiger. I must've selected the right lure b/c I smashed 10 rainbows in like 35 minutes lol--many of which were pretty damn small. Had one "larger" one which was a pleasant surprise. The bait and waiters actually started leaving and looked pretty aggravated. I love that hahaha... Handed a few off to some people and called it a day.

No monsters but kept the line tight--a good wknd for me. Catch em' up!
Old 04-22-2013, 04:03 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: 4/19 AM Passaic then Musky from 5 PM - 6:15 PM; 4/20 AM @ Seely's

I think when this weather turns the corner we are gonna see some intersting stuff. You can always come down my way and fish the Raritan and the D&R canal for some local fun. Thanx for posting !
Old 04-22-2013, 05:48 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Re: 4/19 AM Passaic then Musky from 5 PM - 6:15 PM; 4/20 AM @ Seely's

Hey there. New to the forums, first post.

I live right by Seely's and have fished the whole pond recently, except by the waterfall where all the action seems to be.

Not much luck overall, but I did notice a few things.

I followed the stream back and noticed a TON of baitfish there. I'm guessing as it gets warmer they will disperse throughout the lake, but that's where they are now. Tried throwing a few different color rooster tails in there to see if anything big was hiding, but no luck.

After making my rounds around the entire stream area I did see two GIANT fish. One seemed to be a Giant Koi, by my estimate atleast 24" long and in the 10-15 pound range. I watched it cruise the entire shoreline as I tried to switch around lures to get it's attention but no luck. It even went in about 15 yards into the stream section to look for food. As I was trying to entice this fish into a bite I noticed there was another HUGE fish cruising the shoreline, didn't get a good profile of this one though because it was dark in color. Could be a carp. I'd estimate it to also be around 24" and in the range of 10 pounds.
After chasing the white fish around, it went to the center of the lake , still visible, and finally dove down deep where it couldn't be seen. But let me tell you, with the color of this fish and with average water clarity, it can be seen from across the lake. I went back the next day with some Carp Concoction I created and had no luck.

Anybody have any insight on these fish? I've never really fished for carp and have been trying to make a good bait to catch this white thing and his friend, but no luck yet.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:58 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: 4/19 AM Passaic then Musky from 5 PM - 6:15 PM; 4/20 AM @ Seely's

WELCOME to the site. Have fun, enjoy, check your Private Message inbox from time to time. Lotsa great folks here !