NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

aquatic weeds seen in abundance - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 07-06-2020, 06:16 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default aquatic weeds seen in abundance

Has anybody seen the filamentous algae aka(mermaids hair) in the waters that you are fishing in? The cong has a lot of it all over the place more than i have seen in years past it is in mat like form and growing on the weeds in the water. it gets on your lure all the time now.. i was wondering if anybody knows what is up with that. Hey don't get me wrong i will take that stuff over an HAB ANY DAY i was just wondering that's all.
Old 07-06-2020, 09:45 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Re: aquatic weeds seen in abundance

Don't worry Badger. I've seen the same on 2 other water bodies this summer. Much better than HAB I would suspect. Water is pretty clear for being so warm. Wonder what the experts are reporting.
Old 07-07-2020, 07:47 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: aquatic weeds seen in abundance

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickerelpete View Post
Don't worry Badger. I've seen the same on 2 other water bodies this summer. Much better than HAB I would suspect. Water is pretty clear for being so warm. Wonder what the experts are reporting.
I have not heard of any reports from any experts on this topic i have to agree that the lake is clear for it being so warm the weeds are thick in places and not so bad in others but that mermaids hair is in a bunch of places that it was not last year. hope you are safe and healthy Pete good to hear from you buddy. congrats on the third place finish in the stew lant contest.