NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Saturday State Park fishing - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 01-23-2023, 06:43 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Saturday State Park fishing

Colonial
Old 01-23-2023, 10:01 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurr711 View Post
so i have a chance at getting laid? sign me up!
Hahahaha...
Old 01-26-2023, 01:00 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ219bands View Post
It’s the most popular NJ State Park for sexual assaults and where you are most likely to get a hook in your eye.
D&R Canal State Park
Old 01-26-2023, 03:47 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

i say its Brainerd Lake

Murr722@gmail.com

THE REIGNING, DEFENDING, PUT UP OR SHUT UP
CHAMPION

Put Up or Shut Up IX Prelims winner

If you don't like fish thats "fishy" eat chicken.

"theres a million fine looking women in the world dude,but they dont all buy you st. croixs for your birthday,most of them just yell at ya for fishing to much."

"Murray's Law: The uglier a fish is, the better it tastes." - Lard Almighty

LAB,always in our hearts & ears
Old 02-15-2023, 07:45 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletbob View Post
The lake you are fishing seems highly productive.. Lots of fish, but smaller in size.. From what I gather in your posts, it would indicate a lake that has good habitat, probably good forage, but gets blasted with fishing pressure.. There were lakes here in NY state that were similar.. Just super productive for perch, big fat sunnies, and rock bass a foot long... The problem was different in these lakes though.. the fish disappeared due to invasives, habitat degradation, more so than pressure, but even in these giant lakes, pressure took its toll... Seneca Lake had a yellow perch that could be world class, with 2 pounders common, and 3 pounder a possibility for the guys that knew how... However, along with the environmental issues, the pressure was year round, several commercial guys, and other "fish hungry" types, that would and could take their 50 fish every time they went... This world class fishery is now just a memory... Its not just the small lakes that get hit hard... Even huge lakes are feeling the pressure, and populations are collapsing right and left. The fishermen and their modern equipment are just too efficient compared to decades ago... I though MAYBE NJ would be different because of that big ocean, many large bays, big tidal rivers, and myriad estuaries, salt marshes taking a lot of the pressure from NJ fresh waters.. I guess not...

So you are releasing your fish for the most part, but then 2 or 3 others will take your place on any given day, and load up on those yellow and white perch.. Kind of a shame.. Sounds like that lake you fish could support a really robust fishery for nice size panfish, if they were allowed some time to grow... bob
Problem in Jersey waters is 3 fold. 1. There's a group of people that just don't give a crap about the regulations. I've seen finger sized fish being taken. 2. The lack of enforcement of the fishing regulations. Issue number 1 above might change if there was enforcement. 3. The fishing regs haven't changed since the 70's, I have booklets from a great uncle (big sportsmen) of fishing regs and they haven't changed since the 70's considering that the population has over doubled since then. And I know I said 3 but I'm going to put an honorable mention. "Barrier to Entry" meaning the initial cost to enter into a sport. Motorcycles, cars, golf, skiing. All cost a lot of money to enter and filter out many people whereas fishing cost 25 bucks. This allows many people that just don't give a shit about what they leave in their wake. I'm a fisherman and also the first to denounce and apologize for the amount of litter that "people that are fishing" (notice how I didn't say fishermen) leave behind.