NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Crappie weather all weekend - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 03-30-2020, 05:37 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Crappie weather all weekend

hit the cong at 6:30am saturday to find the Crappie ready to eat.we limited by 7:30am and left them biting at 10:40am.mostly crappie with a few gills,shiners and perch.went back up around 4pm only to find a slow pick.hit 4 spots but i guess they ate enough in the morning so i called it 6:30pm.sunday right back up at 6:30am only to find the wind right in my face at the spot we had them the day before.tried to fish but the wind just kept me from doing what i needed to do so off to the next spot.this next spot i try is one i have not fished yet this year but it was out of the wind and that was all that i needed.as i walk up i can see allot of surface activity and start casting.it was not long before i am tight with a good slab.it was not a red hot bite but a good steady pick the kept me there till 11am.all fish released and i headed home.around 2:30 i get a call from my older son and he wants to go out in the boat so i say sure and back to the lake.we left the dock at 3:20 and headed to our first spot which was not to far.
we take a few casts and nothing so we make a short move and its game on.we had a good steady bite of all good crappie.this lasted about an hour then died out so we made a move only to find dead water and i mean dead.so we head back to where we were catching and start to pick and pluck a few fish.my son takes a cast away from were we were picking and the bobber disappears on contact,a nice slab.i make a cast to the same area and hook up
right away.my son say lets move the boat a little and it was cast and reel fishing.we had doubles most of the time with a mix of all size crappie.was the best bite i was in this spring.we fished till 6:30 and left them biting.the weather was crap but the bite was good.stay well
Old 03-30-2020, 10:08 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Re: Crappie weather all weekend

If the sun would come out once in a while that would be great. I kinda feel like we live in Seattle with all the wet weather lately. It is March though. The craziest month of the year. Glad you got into them and surprised I haven’t run into you up there yet. Tight LINEZ BD! Be safe!!!
Old 03-30-2020, 11:57 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Crappie weather all weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTEDDIE29 View Post
If the sun would come out once in a while that would be great. I kinda feel like we live in Seattle with all the wet weather lately. It is March though. The craziest month of the year. Glad you got into them and surprised I haven’t run into you up there yet. Tight LINEZ BD! Be safe!!!
So true. Fished both days this weekend and was starting to get the blues with the rain and lack of sun.

But damn am i thankful the weather is cooperating just enough to catch some biguns some years march can be a blow out, freeze, etc.
Old 03-30-2020, 05:21 PM
Site Sponsor

Default Re: Crappie weather all weekend

This up and down and back and forth weather sucks!! We had same conditions Sunday pick !pick !pick!
Rvta member
Knee Deep member
Mike K Guide Service (owner)
https://www.facebook.com/MikeKGuideService/
(908 642-5423