NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Fluro Rigs For Bucktailing Fluke - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk Use this board to talk about Bait and Tackle and see offers from our Bait and Tackle Sponsors

Old 04-01-2014, 07:13 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Fluro Rigs For Bucktailing Fluke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltLife1980 View Post
20 - 30 # fluro.. Bucktail tied on with perfection loop then around 10 inches above, a dropper loop with a 5/0 or 6/0 plain hook.. Tied to my main line with an albright knot.. No swivels or terminal tackle used.

X2, there really isn't any spin with the buck tails so no swivel for me.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:11 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimM View Post
Thanks for all the feedback. Back when I knew it all, I never asked questions....Now that in a few weeks I'm turning 40 ----I've recently started asking Questions. What a Concept.

TM

And we learn some crazy ideas too!! I learn a good amount from customers. None of us know it all. Some of us think we do.

Look into other areas too. You may be surprised what is used 50 miles away, or in another state. Fishermen are are very territorial with their methods. Dealing with out of state fishermen has taught us so much.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:00 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

one of the lines i have found to give me success is Hi Seas Quattro camo leader/line--i actually found the leader to be too stiff for my use and went with plain line in my pound test of choice. it's multi color propeties and red hue will disapear in the water column. I think it's a great choice with the same or similar capabilities of fluor without the cost.
I don't sell the line so no saying it to sell line --but have used it and it works very well and has a very increased abrasion resistance for the rocky/sticky bottoms i fish.

www.palmersbucktails.com
EMAIL:
anthonyspalmer@gmail.com