NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Hot Walleye Fishing at Skunksville Penitentiary - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 09-13-2020, 11:42 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Hot Walleye Fishing at Skunksville Penitentiary

My buddy and I took a shot at Monksville Friday afternoon hoping to duplicate my previous trip. We found em and ended up with a bunch of eyes to 23" with most in the 15"-20" range. The action lasted into the night where we tried to get a cool pic of a NJ wally with the 9/11 Tribute of Light in the back drop but we couldn't get our camera phones dialed in to get the image right. When we got back to ramp and packed everything up and headed out we found ourselves locked in behind the gate of the south ramp. The Mugger was in Monksviille Jail!!! There was a sign posted at the ramp saying the south ramp is open 8AM to 8PM but i had a convo with a NJ Parks cop last time i was there and i got the vibe the signs where more of a deterrent because i left well after 8 last Monday. I guess they mean business on the weekends, haha. So we made a call to the Mrs. to bail us out and had to retrieve the Mugger the next day. There wasn't a single boat trailer in the packed lot on Saturday when i got there.

Monks has become a zoo since covid hit with people mobbing the ramps, and breaking every rule in the park so the state decided to lock the place down a little. The north ramp is still open 24/7. They are also doing a 6 ft draw down for some dam maintenance.

Gustard Wood
Tidewater 216

Last edited by ScowardNJ; 09-14-2020 at 12:26 AM..
Old 09-14-2020, 07:46 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Hot Walleye Fishing at Skunksville Penitentiary

nice waldo report yea ive noticed a lot of large hiking groups and social meetups at these state parks. No one's carpooling either, so the parking lots really get put to the test.
Old 09-14-2020, 01:31 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Hot Walleye Fishing at Skunksville Penitentiary

damn, wish i would have read this report before i wasted my entire sunday morning at swartswood with only 464647 crappies and small largemouth and pickerel to show for my efforts. what were you picking them up on lurewise and water depth?
Old 09-14-2020, 01:37 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Hot Walleye Fishing at Skunksville Penitentiary

Way to figure em’ out Scotty! That’s some fine catching 2 trips in a row! Pretty sick for real! Fall is in the air and your reports are giving me some motivation! Great Walleyes!!!

Hopefully the crowds and riff raffffff clears out! What crazy things will local government do next???