NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Weekend Wipers - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 07-14-2015, 10:43 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Weekend Wipers

That is one sick trolling setup You got there. I'm hoping I can get them this week on half that rigging haha.
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54
Old 07-15-2015, 08:49 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Awesome pictures guys, very nice work!

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek
Old 07-15-2015, 12:55 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

thanks guys, its nice to be out in the morning fishing again, the last 2 months of nightbite was very hard to do this year.

Uglystick those are factory crestliner mounts, its called the suremount system, all 2014 and newer have them, every boat manufacturer has a system now. Its nice to move rods anywhere in the boat, have a nice tool holder for pliers/scissors, The downrigger mounts hook on the outside Jchannel the cover goes into and on the inside, super strong setup. Have another set of flat tops that will eventually be bases for a pair of jigging machines.

Bigboy I used to use a bait jacuzzi and on this boat I turned the rear livewell into a baitwell only. I have a large specialized bait aerator mounted in the battery compartment and its feeds under the deck into the baitwell from the top to a large stone base. Uses .25 amps and keeps the herring frisky all day. I added sprayfoam to the top under the deck around the baitwell on top of the factory foam and I throw a few gallons of water in the baitwell before I leave from the garden hose. On way to fish I grab bfast/coffee at quickchek and get a bag of ice, half in the baitwell the rest in cooler for drinks. Grab the herring and get a full 5 gallon bucket of their water and dump them in, then when launched I throw the recirculating timer on 5 min for 30 sec and fill the livewell up to top w lake water. Water stays cool all day and herring are frisky, you need to recirc the water to help cut down the amonia. Herring need lots of water they die from overcrowding due to their amonia they release when stressed, also need cool water you have to transition slowly and when put in your fishing waters get them down a few feet as fast as possible, the top 5-10fow is much warmer than below