NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Canoe Rentals - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 06-03-2014, 02:17 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Canoe Rentals

D&R Canal in Princeton has them.
http://www.canoenj.com/prince1.htm

or here in Griggstown
http://www.canoenj.com/griggs1.htm
Old 06-03-2014, 05:08 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
Yes Wawayanda has all kinds of rentals.
Just get there early, because that park gets so crowded, some weekend mornings in the summer they actually stop letting cars in.
SERIOUSLY! I hate it when that happens... they really ought to figure that out... there are two entrances to the park, i don't know why they don't just have the swimmers use one (the west entrance) and the boaters/hikers use the other (east entrance). that way when the beach fills to capacity, the hikers and boaters can still enjoy themselves. kind of like what they do at round valley. all it would take is some traffic barricades to separate the two sides of the parking lot and for them to repave the second driveway to the boat launch. they wouldn't even need double staff... make the west entrance the one where the rangers are in the summer and leave the east side unstaffed except for patrols, like the RVR angler lot.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:27 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Shepherd's Lake in Ringwood NJ rents rowboats and canoes. I'd call to make sure their rental office is open before-hand tho.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:14 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Swartswood Lake in Sussex County, NJ: http://www.rowyourboatrentals.com/
Old 06-05-2014, 03:08 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntcountypussbuck View Post
Swartswood Lake in Sussex County, NJ: http://www.rowyourboatrentals.com/
I rented a boat from them a couple years ago, if was like tin foil and I thought I was going to die on Swartswood lol. I wonder if they have upgraded? It sucks cause I loved fishing that lake when I was a kid, there was an old man that rented boats, I don't think he's there anymore...
Old 06-09-2014, 05:17 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Just wanted to thank everyone for all the input. Will be a good thread to reference in the future.

Ended up going to the D&R at Griggstown. Great day and reasonable price wise. Just paddled the canal but next time will do the loop which is half on the millstone half on the canal.

Didn't bring a rod to keep the GF happy. I think I ruined it last time telling her where to paddle and ignoring her.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:23 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Hey man I've taken those paddle boats on Upper Echo Lake and hammered 10-15 inch bass on the far shoreline. I think you're in Union County, so figured I'd toss that out there.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:09 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

That's awesome they're pretty easy to control. Didn't know they'd let you bring a rod on those paddle boats. My next venture is to learn to carp fish at Lenape saw some monsters cruising.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:32 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngdumbandfulloffish View Post
That's awesome they're pretty easy to control. Didn't know they'd let you bring a rod on those paddle boats. My next venture is to learn to carp fish at Lenape saw some monsters cruising.
Yeah they had no issues with me bringing a rod out. I gotta give Lenape a shot. Only fished there once this year and I think the water was a little too cold still. Been doing very well with Euro-style carping lately so it'd be good to try what's been working elsewhere over there. Still at a loss that they drained Nomahegan. I know people have said there's still carp in there, but I just can't see the fishing in there can be close to what it was. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like I'm wasting my time over there.