NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

TUNA Jigging Reel - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk Use this board to talk about Bait and Tackle and see offers from our Bait and Tackle Sponsors

Old 07-25-2012, 11:40 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: TUNA Jigging Reel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
Thanks for the info. Stopped by friends house who has several JM reels including the one you mentioned. Love the long handle. 2 things i did not like was the clicking sound reel makes when reeling in. Sounds like you have clicker on even thogh it is not engaged. Also if using as a jigging reel i found that the handle will rotate when jigging. Curious what your thoughts are on both concerns.
To me the noise in not an issue at all. Its no different than the larger avets, my 30n makes the exact same noise on the retrieve. To me a little noise is well worth the performance, as they blow other reels away.

Also not sure what you mean about the handle rotating while jigging.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:16 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Bear
PE5N or PE5 for around here.
PE8 when you're targeting the big ones in deep water.
Now that I decided to get a Jigging Master do you think the PE 8 is overkill for overnight canyon trips from either a head boat or a charter? The price difference is 40 bucks between the PE5 and the PE8.

Thoughts??
Old 07-30-2012, 10:50 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by aduma1107
Now that I decided to get a Jigging Master do you think the PE 8 is overkill for overnight canyon trips from either a head boat or a charter? The price difference is 40 bucks between the PE5 and the PE8.

Thoughts??
Its definately more than you need, but if you fill it with 65# you can also use it for deep dropping and if you ever decide to head down to north carolina for bluefin you can just swap out the line. If you only plan on only using it for local tuna I would get the PE 5.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:29 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I agree with Mike. The PE5 is everything you need and more for local tuna. As Mike said, for line capacity for deep dropping or for targeting large fish 200+lbs then I would go PE8.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:58 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Mike and Sea Bear, thanks again the PE5 is ordered. Mike once I recoup some $$ from the reel I'll call you for a rod.

Thanks again,
A