NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

New Canyon DJR 3500 in stock! - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk Use this board to talk about Bait and Tackle and see offers from our Bait and Tackle Sponsors

Old 01-16-2014, 02:33 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: New Canyon DJR 3500 in stock!

I wanted to see how far this would go, before I answered anything.

So lets answer some concerns, or false claims..

1- Canyon Reels were never MADE IN THE USA. From day 1, Canyon has said they are ASSEMBLED IN THE USA. Some guys like to twist this around to their advantage. The 2 words do not mean the same thing. If it makes you feel better, many parts for Canyon are actually now made in The USA. SO whats the difference between a reel assembled in the USA with US & foreign parts, and a reel that is Made in The US, using foreign parts? Because a well known reel that boasts they are Made in The USA is actually using parts in their reels from overseas. The same company that told everybody Canyon wouldn't last 2 years ...... and that was about 5 years ago.

2- The reviews of the reels ...... well....... take them and $2..... and you can get a coffee maybe. These reviews were done on sample reels, prototypes, and even if they are done on a reel that is sold to the public, they hold no merit compared to a charter boat that is fishing the reels everyday. The couch fisherman with a full time job & his review websites.... well he is nowhere as experienced as the guy who is using the reel daily as far giving you a review on the performance and power of the reel. In addition..... these guys all have ties to somebody and I dont bother wasting my time reading this stuff. Everybody is different and we all like different things. Nobody is going to convince me a reel I have used for 7 years now is no good because he said so. Thats a good one.

3- Anybody with $$ can buy OEM Reels. BUT...... good luck finding parts in 5 years for that reel. Canyon has parts, warranties and excellent service when it comes to this end of the business. All brands have had issues here and there. NONE of them are perfect! Canyon has not had any negative customer service issues that I know of yet.

If your an educated buyer..... you would go to the Canyon Reels website, and see who is using the reels and what they are using them for. You will find that the reels are on some very impressive boats, used daily and even on a Fishing Show on NBC Sports Channel for over 3 year snow. Or, of you dont want to believe what is right in front of you, ..... you can always believe 1 man who is not out fishing everyday. That's up to the fisherman himself to decide, I guess. But for me..... I trust the guy fishing on the water daily, over the couch fisherman.

The claim that Canyon is an OEM Reel, not modified at all ..... is false. This has been the same claim, by the same reviews and people for a while now. I enjoy seeing it over and over again. I get to shoot holes in it each time.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:31 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

That was an excellent review of "The Review". I too have only heard good reports from guys using Canyon Reels and also that Don has always been there in case of service issues
Old 01-16-2014, 05:02 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thank you Jersey Coast. I have been patiently waiting for your response on all of this.
Like i have said from page 1 I have heard nothing but good things about the canypn products and there wrantee.
Whatever is being or was built over seas is a sure clone.
I am going to make a purchase at the outdoors shows in the next few weeks.
Thank you.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:08 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Dave View Post
Thank you Jersey Coast. I have been patiently waiting for your response on all of this.
Like i have said from page 1 I have heard nothing but good things about the canypn products and there wrantee.
Whatever is being or was built over seas is a sure clone.
I am going to make a purchase at the outdoors shows in the next few weeks.
Thank you.
I know he runs specials at the shows. We will be there wi th combos at AC Boat Show, Expo and 1 other show too.

Many of you guys know there are little groups in this biz. Anybody with 1/2 brain can see who is who. A simple history search will often catch these guys with an agenda. Anybody who tells you that their product is the best ..... is just trying to sell you something. We only get to see a small fraction of the gear made. Other parts of the world have access to things we do not. How can you compare a product with something you have never used?

After the last 4 or 5 years.... Canyon would have been out of biz if the reels were the OEM version without the changes.

Is Canyon the best out there? The worst? Or maybe a good reel with good service? That's all a matter of opinion. Just like any other reel, rod, lure,hook . .. it's all up to the user.

Hell... This season we will be offering combos with the Penn SSV for jigging and popping, as well as the Canyons. It's about choices. ... we try to weed out the trouble items for our customers and give them a choice if the products that are good, from our experience.

I was a part of Canyon in the early days. Be happy to answer what I can for anybody.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:42 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyCoast View Post
I know he runs specials at the shows. We will be there wi th combos at AC Boat Show, Expo and 1 other show too.

Many of you guys know there are little groups in this biz. Anybody with 1/2 brain can see who is who. A simple history search will often catch these guys with an agenda. Anybody who tells you that their product is the best ..... is just trying to sell you something. We only get to see a small fraction of the gear made. Other parts of the world have access to things we do not. How can you compare a product with something you have never used?

After the last 4 or 5 years.... Canyon would have been out of biz if the reels were the OEM version without the changes.

Is Canyon the best out there? The worst? Or maybe a good reel with good service? That's all a matter of opinion. Just like any other reel, rod, lure,hook . .. it's all up to the user.

Hell... This season we will be offering combos with the Penn SSV for jigging and popping, as well as the Canyons. It's about choices. ... we try to weed out the trouble items for our customers and give them a choice if the products that are good, from our experience.

I was a part of Canyon in the early days. Be happy to answer what I can for anybody.
Thank you for your reply. I am not sure if it is directed at me, but I apologize for linking that post. It is obvious I upset you, which clearly are not my intentions. I do not have an agenda nor do I belong to a little group you speak of. I am just a regular guy who saw the reel at the show, and did some research about it. And the reason I decided to hold off and do some research is because the guy at the kiosk was selling it so hard.

I personally do not like to buy things from China, but understand for some items it is hard, even impossible. If I have the opportunity to buy American, I will do so whenever I can.

To be honest, there are not many American made spinning reels in this price range. I will probably be forced to go with either this Canyon, a Quantum Boca or maybe a Shimano Stradic.

Last edited by milhouse; 01-21-2014 at 12:03 PM..
Old 02-02-2014, 01:09 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Dave View Post
How does the reel seem, well built? I would imagine so being that you bought one.

That's what I plan on doing. Are there any incentives by buying at a show vs. a store? Discount, free line, ect.
Itching to get to use it now!!!!

RFA

Instagram - salt_life1985

Team F.O.M.F.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:51 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I hear ya, I just got a new for me but slightly used Zee Baas yesterday.
Soooo tempting with these temps.