NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Do office complex ponds have big bass ? - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 02-17-2018, 12:22 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Do office complex ponds have big bass ?

yes they do!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j674Iza_0Vo
Old 02-17-2018, 12:54 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Do office complex ponds have big bass ?

As a kid I caught this big cat in a small pond in front of an office building. On hot dogs nonetheless. Pond was just smaller than the one in the video with a fountain and more goose poop than land.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rps20180217_125307_218.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	120598  
Old 02-17-2018, 01:16 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Nice bass. Good fish come out of unexpected places usually. Same goes for flowing bodies of water like creeks.
Old 02-17-2018, 07:00 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Nice catch! Watch out for security.

There is a big Verizon facility near me in Basking Ridge that is rumored to have big bass in its retention pond. The trouble is, security is tight there. I bet if I tried to fish there, the security guards will taser and handcuff me before I could get my first cast out.

Old 02-17-2018, 10:23 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post

Nice catch! Watch out for security.

There is a big Verizon facility near me in Basking Ridge that is rumored to have big bass in its retention pond. The trouble is, security is tight there. I bet if I tried to fish there, the security guards will taser and handcuff me before I could get my first cast out.

A C1 stream empties into it... must be some bass in there eating some healthy fresh fish
Old 02-19-2018, 10:32 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Wink Re: Do office complex ponds have big bass ?

This has the makings of an interesting thread. We've all had experiences or know of friends who have had experiences with fishing on private waters without permission. If you want any local knowledge of access to some good fishing holes that are fenced in, just ask one of the kids who fish there. I knew of some holes in fences in some great fishing spots when I was younger. I found out about them from some younger fishermen.

There are golf course ponds and farm ponds that can provide some phenomenal fishing as well as those on the corporate campuses. The problem is always with gaining permission to fish there. One of the best fishing days of my young life was cut short when I spotted a security guard patrolling the perimeter of the small private watershed into which I had sneaked.

The patrols around the reservoir across from the Short Hills Mall and the one by the Livingston Mall were legendary. So was the fishing. Has anyone ever fished in the Boonton Reservoir? Sneaking into private or posted honey holes is not meant for more mature fishermen, but as a kid, it was a rush.

Are there big fish in those corporate campus ponds, there's only one way to find out.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:29 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

My office complex has a small pond on the property, some of my best fishing days have been there.
Old 02-19-2018, 12:39 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Someone gave me the scoop of an office pond in Princeton awhile back. I caught 25 bass in like 2 hours, some big ones too. I forgot the name of it though. I went on a Saturday and security never came out. I heard that that ETS (Educational Testing Services) building in Princeton has some good fishing too, never tried it though. I would imagine if those two have bass, a lot of the others in the business complexes in Princeton would as well.
Old 02-19-2018, 12:42 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmyorke1 View Post
A C1 stream empties into it... must be some bass in there eating some healthy fresh fish
I was referring to the retention pond with the fountains in the front of the complex.
The pond in the back is just where the Passaic River widens out. I have never been there, but by Federal law I should be able to access it by kayak since it's navigable water. I tried to kayak up to it a few years ago starting from Lord Stirling Park, but I was hesitant to climb over all the beaver dams and the river was quite shallow and muddy in some parts. I turned back before I got up to it.

Old 02-19-2018, 02:21 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I worked for Prudential in Roseland for many years. There were two small ponds on the grounds. I checked them out a number of times and could see bluegill and some small bass. I often thought of fishing on my lunch break, but in 23 years there, never got around to it.