NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Penn senator 3/0 saltwater reel - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Classifieds
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Classifieds Use this board to post your FISHING related items for sale or trade. Non fishing related items belong in Non Fishing.

Old 11-12-2017, 03:28 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Penn senator 3/0 saltwater reel

Senator Series REEL #3/0- 112 Light tackle trolling saltwater reel;

This is a used PENN Senator reel, made in USA, 3/0 112 saltwater reel which is in good working condition. It does has some minor pitting which does NOT affect the working of the reel. It has a "lot of mileage" on it from the many years I used it along the coast of New Jersey for Bluefish. Most of the chrome is not worn down to the brass and the chrome spool is in good condition too. It was used last season and worked well. It is considered a “workhorse type of reel” meaning, it will serve its owner for many fishing seasons.

Produced from Year: 1941 to1997 in the United States
Mono capacity: 375/30 Gear Ratio: 2.25:1
REEL INFO:
Senator 112 - Some of the highly respected of the many types of reels used by charter boat captains and fishermen for light tackle game fishing are the Senator light tackle reels. Providing the best in design, materials and performance essential to light tackle fishing success and pleasure.
HISTORY: The Penn senator was one of Penn's first series. Two separate Senator Series were made at first: One for big game trolling, and one for light tackle fishing. In the early 60's the "Special Senators" were added to the series; reels for fast light tackle game fishing with extra power and a higher gear ratio. In the late 80's the Senator II high speed casting models were added to the Senator-family, and the remaining original big game Senators were replaced by new models. Most of the original big game and light tackle models are not manufactured anymore, but many of the later additions can still be bought today.
Construction:
Hard steel gears.
End plates with chrome plated double rings.
Free spool clutch.
One-shot lubricating system.
Equipped with "safety" rod clamps (NOT INCLUDED).
Heavy duty clicker
2-bearings
Weight 26oz.

$39.00 BERGEN COUNTY

Last edited by RAMMFISH66; 11-12-2017 at 07:24 PM.. Reason: edited description
Old 11-14-2017, 07:00 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Penn senator 3/0 saltwater reel

This is what I use for sea bass and porgies offshore. Can't be beat.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:58 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Penn senator 3/0 saltwater reel

I just refurbished my OLD PENN Long Branch 65 for those fish. I have too many reels and need to clean some out.