NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Mugging happens in Freshwater also - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 04-23-2012, 03:57 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Mugging happens in Freshwater also

Here is my trout experiences thus far for 2012 and how inconsiderate people can be.
Opening Day fishing a stretch of river and got there first at 6 am. Hour later I had one guy to the left 5 feet away and one to the right. All is good plenty of room to fish. 7:55 Here comes Mr **** head with 5 kids and gets between me and the the guy to the right. I turn around and say your kidding me dude right? He does not answer. So i say "your really gonna fish there with 5 kids and 5 feet? He says I paid for my license as you. I said paying for a license does not make you entitled to be a inconsiderate ***. After 5 tangle ups he leaves with the kids.
This past Saturday. Same spot at 6 am. Different guy steps on a rock in the water that was one foot to the right of me and proceeds to cast where I was cutting my angle to cast upstream. He says "hello". I say do you know what a mugging is? He says I dont understand. I said its what you just did to me. He laughs and continues fishing scaring every fish out of the hole. He leaves after a few hooks sailed by his left ear.
Give me a break people just cause you buy a license it does not mean you have a right to mug someone.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:04 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Lightbulb Re: Mugging happens in Freshwater also

Come over to the Raritan river and get trout, smallmouth, shad and stripers !! Plenty of room on the big water, leave the small streams for the kids.

http://www.blueraritan.org/
Old 04-23-2012, 04:27 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Mugging happens in Freshwater also

That's why I never stand at the bridges with the 5:00 crowd. I prefer doing a little walking and finding my own fish, anyway. After all, you have to make fishing for stocked trout at least a little challenging.

It constantly amazes me how inconsiderate people can be. Not just in fishing, but in everything. What ever happened to The Golden Rule?
Cause on a day like today there's one place I gotta be:
GONE FISHIN'

Fishing with LardAlmighty on YouTube
Old 04-23-2012, 06:39 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Jones...Party of 5 your fishing spot is available

Yeah, agreed... whats up with the elbow to elbow fishing? Can't these guys find their own spot?

Thank God I got a boat, but that is not always the saving grace...a whole piece of water and some A** whole is on top of ya. Are you kidding me?

Nice Title...mugging says it ALL.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:44 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I have been mugged plenty of times but it's only gone as far as words. Agree with the boat though. During the summer I can run out the inlet and stop in the middle of nowhere and guaranteed people will fish right on top of me at some point.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:50 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Sigh, last weekend at Duke Island Park I waded away from my spot to help out my little guy who was fishing from the bank to unsort a tangle he had wrapped around his rod. When I sorted him out I turned around and some disheveled looking slob took my spot and left me no place to fish. Despite my grumbling in his direction and him having nothing but open river to the left of us he left me no place to fish that otherwise would have put me too far away from my son to have felt he was safe.

People suck.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:03 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I think it's fun when some one does that 99 percent time out fish the person.you need trout spots in nj just let me know I got plenty of them with real monster trout ive caught browns to 9 pounds rainbows till 9 pounds tiger trout 7 pounds brook
Old 04-23-2012, 08:05 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Some people just don't understand etiquette. They think that a license allows them to do as they please.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:00 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

yeah no different for me I get to the spot I liked to fish have 2 poles mset up for my 2 boys had 2 guys come with in feet of me and set up there crap give them a heads up I have 2 kids coming soon don't listen then when my 2 boys show they start bitcccching about them fishing

I take my boys out maybe 2-3 times a year never opening day or stocking days either

so.....

1 i told you
2 there only good for 30 minutes
3 I'm the as shole who is casting over your 4 pole set up for the next 30 minutes has my boys sit there hold there poles trying to fish as there dad f up all there set ups the next 30 FYI I have a great spoon that I filed down to a razor edge that when I cast over there lines it will cut there lines as soon as it hits there lines

so I understand but at time the shoe fits on both feet!!

Last edited by devildogski; 04-23-2012 at 09:03 PM..
Old 04-23-2012, 10:23 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

it is annoying, but at least the people who don't understand the etiquette don't usually have waders or a boat, so when that happens, i just use my waders or one of my boats to go fish where they aren't